E Downey cahalane donoghue
Mellerick Joyce Coleman
Toc fitzgibbon
Dalton lehane harnedy
Horgan connolly Barrett

Dalton replaced by twomey , hamstring
O flynn definitely came on

Obviously Rob Downey plays.
I thought he was a bit shite myself but from this years league he looks like a lad that's ready to go so I am rowing backwards faster than the skibbereen boatmen.

If he comes in who goes out?

What happened to Roche. He should be starting midfield with o connell I think
Cork need serious defensive cover getting back if ye are going with Lehane and Harnedy in the half forward line.

I can't win with this one
If ye lose , great but Fitzgerald wins
And if Fitzgerald loses Cork win.

Very depressing 😎

Cork v galway last weekend

Collins
E Downey cahalane donoghue
Mellerick Joyce Coleman
Toc fitzgibbon
Dalton lehane harnedy
Horgan connolly Barrett

Dalton replaced by twomey , hamstring
O flynn definitely came on

Obviously Rob Downey plays.
I thought he was a bit shite myself but from this years league he looks like a lad that's ready to go so I am rowing backwards faster than the skibbereen boatmen.

If he comes in who goes out?

What happened to Roche. He should be starting midfield with o connell I think
Cork need serious defensive cover getting back if ye are going with Lehane and Harnedy in the half forward line.

I can't win with this one
If ye lose , great but Fitzgerald wins
And if Fitzgerald loses Cork win.

Very depressing 😎
Wouldn't be happy with that team for ch'ship. Having all three of Hoggy, Harnedy and Lehane would concern me in terms of workrate along with the ability of TOC and Fitz in the physical battle in midfield.

Maybe we'll get away with it in Waterford but the likes of Clare would simply swamp the middle third with aggression and physicality. Same as last year.

Wouldn't be happy with that team for ch'ship. Having all three of Hoggy, Harnedy and Lehane would concern me in terms of workrate along with the ability of TOC and Fitz in the physical battle in midfield.

Maybe we'll get away with it in Waterford but the likes of Clare would simply swamp the middle third with aggression and physicality. Same as last year.
Totally agree about Hoggy, Harnedy, Lehane. Fitz in midfield and Coleman in the backs are huge concerns. This will be a very conservative team if it lines up like this, and Ryan's arse will be well and truly in the bacon slicer if it does and we lose against Waterford.

Watching back the Clare game from last year.

It was clear that the Cork forwards did very poorly in their matchups compared to the Clare forwards. Hoggie poor in the first half but improved in the second. Lehane poor all round. Harnedy did well in the first half. Conor Cahalane poor other than the goal. Luke Meade worked hard but had little impact. Declan Dalton played reasonably well.

At the other end, Peter Duggan caused havoc under the high ball along with Tony Kelly. We definitely need Mellerick and Eoin Downey on those two. It was amazing that Cork made the game so close by the end considering.

I think there is massive room for improvement particularly with the matchups and I think Connolly would present a big challenge for the Clare backs. The question is, will the management learn those lessons and play the right players. This is why I'm a bit nervous about the idea of Lehane being picked again along with Harnedy and Hoggie.

Yeah look we all have opinions but watching games back. Lehane didn’t puck a ball against Limerick and TOM whom started was in the same category. Ethan Twomey was outstanding when he came on. I think we will see different things this year with Joyce sitting more in the pocket and we have to cut out the chances we give away as gifts with stupid puck outs and passes. I am just in the alright mood this season and I hope that it’s just me because I want us to let loose with our players and not be the same auld same. Bit of excitement if we went long with Connolly and Hayes inside just something different that excites the crowd and more importantly the players. I just hopefully wondering what we will do. I am still trying to be optimistic finny but please show me how.

Yeah look we all have opinions but watching games back. Lehane didn’t puck a ball against Limerick and TOM whom started was in the same category. Ethan Twomey was outstanding when he came on. I think we will see different things this year with Joyce sitting more in the pocket and we have to cut out the chances we give away as gifts with stupid puck outs and passes. I am just in the alright mood this season and I hope that it’s just me because I want us to let loose with our players and not be the same auld same. Bit of excitement if we went long with Connolly and Hayes inside just something different that excites the crowd and more importantly the players. I just hopefully wondering what we will do. I am still trying to be optimistic finny but please show me how.
Finbarr.
I don't believe that anybody other than the current management team would Pick Conor Lehane, but that was also true last year and he still ended up in the team. I think everybody else was proven to be correct. It really would not surprise me at all to see him start, moreso if Dalton is not available.
Dara Fitzgibbon in midfield also concerns me as I think his workrate is not high enough. I think he should start at centre forward.

I thought the backs were a settled unit and would not change the six that had played in the later league games barring injury.
Ideally I would play Coleman and TOC at midfield but there are other options and we need hard workers there more than anything, there are plenty of skilful hurlers all over the pitch.

Finbarr.
I don't believe that anybody other than the current management team would Pick Conor Lehane, but that was also true last year and he still ended up in the team. I think everybody else was proven to be correct. It really would not surprise me at all to see him start, moreso if Dalton is not available.
Dara Fitzgibbon in midfield also concerns me as I think his workrate is not high enough. I think he should start at centre forward.

I thought the backs were a settled unit and would not change the six that had played in the later league games barring injury.
Ideally I would play Coleman and TOC at midfield but there are other options and we need hard workers there more than anything, there are plenty of skilful hurlers all over the pitch.
Agree with all of that NC

We are pissing in the wind if we start Lehane, we all know how that ends up when the serious stuff happens. DF at 11 is something I would have liked to have seen in the league but it didn't work out, could have looked at it in Wexford and didn't.. I always think DF hurls more like an 11 than a midfielder, loves to break into space, not sure he loves dogging it out the way IC midfielders have to now. Seamie hasn't gone well yet which is a big concern

Finbarr.

In fairness to Fitzgibbon he upped his workrate significantly last year but does lack physicality alright even after bulking up. It's a pity Roche seems to be out of form as himself & TOC would be a really high octane midfield partnership.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Kerbdog - 30th Anniversary Show
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

NewEra

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼