Cork u20 Hurling 2024

On the replay, the red looked like a bad decision to me - looked like the two of them getting in each other's faces and the Cork player goes down way too easily. Not nice to see.

Picking five forwards with almost identical strengths is really odd and hasn’t helped us so far. Has O’Connor not been watching the Cork senior hurling team for the last 15 years? You can have all the small skillful forwards in the world but it doesn’t matter a jot if you don’t have guys who can front up physically and work hard as well. Cork won the All Ireland minor because they combined skill, speed and ball winning ability. That Cork minor team had three ball winning forwards in O’Leary, Nyhan and Healy. They might go on to beat a 14-man Clare team, but it's hard to see a team winning an AI with just one ball winning forward. Fair play to the Clare coach, he brought Cork back into the game by creating an incident out of a nothing line ball.

Good win in the end. Whoever it was on the Clare sideline that was acting the gowl - thank you sir - you turned the game from Clare to Cork. And once we got the gander up we played some fine hurling. Will need to improve, a lot, but 2 wins from 2 and LK next before going away to face a strong looking Tipp team in Thurles.

On the replay, the red looked like a bad decision to me - looked like the two of them getting in each other's faces and the Cork player goes down way too easily. Not nice to see.
Sad to see alright. But it’s a numbers game now, getting you opposing number sent off is a huge advantage. Good result in the end.

Moment of madness from the Clare manager and the no4 cost them big time. Cork were the better team but can’t afford to have as much wides or start as slow again against the better teams. Tipp had a big win vs Limerick in the other game.

I'll be v interested to read the reports of people who were there, but that second half was weirdly disappointing given that Cork won it by eight points and never looked in danger. An incredible number of bad wides and shots dropped short, with just enough good play to take advantage of the extra man. The Pairc sounded like a morgue for long stretches. Maybe the antics in the first half left a sour taste for the crowd - they did for me at least.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Riki Matsuda: Happy Hour

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼