Munstershire v Sifrica

I’m not a big Munster or rugby fan but I have an interest in most sports, went to the game tonight and what a joy to see the Pairc full and people out enjoying themselves. Went for a few pints in town after with some friends and the atmosphere around the city was brilliant, Great to see the nighttime economy that was hit hardest over covid get a revenue stream in a time that traditionally would be dead between the Jazz and Xmas. We have a great stadium that needs to be used to its max potential. Tonight was a great example of what’s possible

Great performance and a great win. The Páirc looked fantastic. Some amount of people stumbling on the way home with the volume of people and the dark. Saw one lady trip while trying to make it across the wrong side of the Link at the Elysian.

Yer man Frisch looks some player. Everything Fekitoa should be. Another nothing game from Jenkins when he comes up against a team with a bit of fight in them.

Id say the pubs are delighted too. Not the usual crowd who bring the tay and hang samwidges and sit on the wall if Dunlop's eating them...

Waiting for the Ross O'Caroll-Kelly plagiariser in 3,2,1 ...

Myself and anyone that I know that went to see it had zero real interest in rugby and just went for the "event".
The Munster brand is easy enough to sell to us eegits for these one off occasions. There was a proper corporate bang off de Pairc last night. Most conducive for generating the packaged, out of the box emotion all around. Now if only they'd stop playing Ed Sheeran at half time, gimme the wet day, 5k people on the North Stand and Inniscarra v Castlemartyr anyday 🙃

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼