Recent content by StJohner

1. S

Cork Footballers

Yep, Cleary and co certainly know more then any of us anyway and I am firmly on the bandwagon! You are probably right - There was likely more nuance to the KO strategy v Mayo then met the eye, but it did appear as if Cork put all there big men to one side of the field and launched it towards...
  2. S

Cork Footballers

Jimmy, you'd do well to take a break from here. Don't be telling people to take their heads out of other people's arses....If you remove your own head from your arse, that would be a good start. Some of the inane shite you've posted here in the past...:rolleyes::rolleyes: I agree with JF's...
  3. S

Cork Footballers

100% agree re the cynical fouling. Cork players should have been in Gough’s ear from the off as it was totally blatant what they were doing. That’s experience again. Cork got zero scores from counter attacks and that running game is pretty much their main weapon. So when you think about it, it...
  4. S

Cork Footballers

Powter was turned over up the field. He ran back desperate to atone for his error and was probably played by Geaney. It was 100% a goal scoring opportunity, if not for Geaney then definitely for Clifford. If Cork were the beneficiaries of that call, no one would be saying that we were lucky...
  5. S

Cork Footballers

So are you saying there is a deliberate agenda against Cork?
  6. S

Cork Footballers

Lads, all this talk about being screwed by Gough is a bit ridiculous. The pen was justified for me. It’s in the rule book. Geaney may have been cute but Powter definitely dived in, either way it was 100% a goal scoring opportunity. Bigger issue was the constant tactical fouling to disrupt...
  7. S

Cork Footballers

Yep...Michael A Martin will be getting a serious testing on Saturday. If Kerry have any sense, they will be pummelling balls in on top of him from the off! It gives me no pleasure criticising him, but he'd have to be seen as a major weakness...
  8. S

Cork Footballers

What sort of message would bringing in a bunch of hurlers send to the current panel? Who have been training together since November. Cleary is trying to build the panel, not destroy it. Those who have chosen hurling over football have made their bed and more luck to them. The only way that this...
  9. S

Cork Footballers

I think both have contrasting strength's. COJ is a good ball winner and quick - Sherlock is neither. Whereas Sherlock is an out and out shooter and doesn't let the odd miss effect him, COJ is lacking a bit of confidence in this department. Strong argument could be made to start either or both...
  10. S

Cork Footballers

Anyone else find it infuriating that the game isn't being shown on GAAGO? This is exactly what a GAA streaming service should have been created for. I'd happily pay a premium to watch the game, even without commentary or replays. How the hell is it that we can watch McGrath cup games in Jan...
  11. S

Cork Footballers

Rory Maguire, not Ian Maguire. Anyone hear anything else about the Roscommon game??
  12. S

Cork Footballers

Agree with all of that....I know he's a super fella and fiercely committed but he's only had a couple of sporadic appearances in the last 4 years. I thought he looked a bit sluggish (understandably) when he reappeared for those few games in 2021 and 2 more injury plagued years have passed since...
  13. S

Cork Footballers

Looking at Rafferty and Lynch in the Ulster final yesterday.....It really hits home how much of a loss Mark White is to Cork football. I love this sweeper keeper evolution and White would add a total other dimension to Cork if available. I know this is about to prompt a whole bunch of idiotic...
  14. S

Cork Footballers

Just can't see how he could ever possibly return to the level he was at in 2019. I hope I'm wrong because he was absolutely flying that year! It's been 4 years of recurring injuries, playing a handful of club games in that time. I'm amazed that Cork have held onto him...
  15. S

Cork Footballers

Anyone know who the guy is with his arms folded between Mick Curtin & Billy? https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41136556.html