Cork Hurlers - Part 2

No, TOM doesn't "have" to play. Not saying he shouldn't play, but it's certainly not a non negotiable that he does.

Why have you latched on to some gossip about TOM to pedal a story that it's some internal dispute that's keeping him on the bench?

Why is it remotely intersesting that the "call to drop" H,H&L is almost universal?
It's entirely predictable that there's a social media amplified negativity towards them, and that anyone who doesn't fall into line will probably get dogs abuse for deviating from the "almost universal" belief.
It’s interesting to me because some posters on here were dead set against Hoggie in particular being dropped. I think most people are clear now that it’s time. I won’t abuse anyone who disagrees with me.

TOM has done more than enough to at least come on as a sub for Cork. His non appearance yesterday is bizarre in the least.

It’s interesting to me because some posters on here were dead set against Hoggie in particular being dropped. I think most people are clear now that it’s time.

TOM has done more than enough to at least come on as a sub for Cork. His non appearance yesterday is bizarre in the least.
"Most people" now being clear that "it's time" doesn't actually mean that it is time, or that it's the correct call.

For the record, I have no idea if v Clare is the right time to drop Hoggie from starting 15. It might be.
What do we need v Clare that Hoggie cannot deliver?
What positives aspects of what Hoggie brings can we do without v Clare?
Who do we have that will contribute more v Clare?
Would Hoggie be the kind of sub who would contribute to getting us over the line if it goes to the wire v Clare?

I think we might rejig a bit
As of today daragh lohan is injured but not out of the game.

If lohan is injured I would be moving Fitzgerald to midfield
He is actually struggling for form.

Kelly to come in

I would be going
Same from 1 to malone then
Fitzgerald
O donnell duggan Reidy Kelly
Rodgers mccarthy

I think Cork will pick the same defence but make 2 changes up front
Lehane will go along with twomey, I don't think that should happen but its the soft call.
O flynn to come in with maybe Hayes.

Connollys free taking might doom horgan as well but I don't know will that happen just yet
They won't pick the same defence, you can take that to the bank

What's the deal with the form of certain players?
Fair play, you are the first poster here to actually grasp it. The rest of the crap posted here is nonsense, drop this fella or that fella without a fucken glimmer of player’s form., injuries etc. Drop the so called “pensioners”, do they think if there was a better alternative, players going well they would have not started them?
This thread has become gold dust for hilarity
Lads complaining about the “pensioners” being picked on their reputations yet stick ROF in their team against Clare, what did he do Sunday? Bar tog out.

Last edited:
Watch as Cahalane gets sent off, I think it’s Fitz comes and says something to him and he bursts his hole laughing. This when we’re already without Joyce, I thought it was mental.
Waterford lads fist pumping all over the shop and our main full back laughing as he’s sent off.
Fair play to him. Nero fiddled as Rome burned!

Watch as Cahalane gets sent off, I think it’s Fitz comes and says something to him and he bursts his hole laughing. This when we’re already without Joyce, I thought it was mental.
Waterford lads fist pumping all over the shop and our main full back laughing as he’s sent off.
It was comical Cahalane getting sent off. His first yellow card was for a solid shoulder to shoulder tackle. For the last 10 years, all we’ve been hearing about is forwards waltzing through cork defenses , without a hand laid on them. His second yellow card was for a flick across the Waterford man, who went down like he was shot. It was a farce, and if I was Cahalane I would have laughed too! Yellow cards get handed out like Christmas cards nowadays, even Connolly got one….

Fair play, you are the first poster here to actually grasp it. The rest of the crap posted here is nonsense, drop this fella or that fella without a fucken glimmer of player’s form., injuries etc. Drop the so called “pensioners”, do they think if there was a better alternative, players going well they would have not started them?
This thread has become gold dust for hilarity
Lads complaining about the “pensioners” being picked on their reputations yet stick ROF in their team against Clare, what did he do Sunday? Bar tog out.
It was an open question really. It's possible the players are on form but being overlooked, they're off form because coaching is bad, or they're just off form.
As a general rule though, less experienced players need more time to bed in and get up to championship level. Playing the older players match after match in the league was perplexing and leads to the situation we are in now.

From a review of the posts, it seems that the cry for Davy to Cork is that he can organise a team and players know their role. This can make an average team good so the sense is if he got his hands on our team (made up of good individuals but no collectively) we could go places.

To not qualify for the AI Series for the second year running should be a crisis point for Cork hurling.

The supporters should revolt against the County Board and management.
And do what exactly - send a different team to compete in the intercounty championship even if we could find players good enough who are willing to do it and the GAA Headquarters ignore Cork County GAA and accept your selection instead?🤪

FFS that’s even dafter than a suggestion of Cody, Davy Fitz, and Cannon O’Brien via a medium to manage the team!

Last edited:
We'll never know if the younger players are good enough unless we play them. The old guard have given brilliant service but we'll not be getting anywhere near getting out of Munster, nevermind winning silverware with them in the team. I'd rather go down fighting with new blood, rather than the same old, same old, time and time again.

Pat Ryan has won 1 game so far into his second campaign. That's simply not good enough. Hoping he leaves the handbrake off and proves a lot of us wrong from here on in.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The 2 Johnnies

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼