• Iran

• UK

• US

• Syria

• Nort Korea

• Egypt

• Serbia

Results are only viewable after voting.
Albania is Muslim, Greece uses the Greek alphabet & Criatia, Slovenia & Romania uses Latin script so no they are different.
Bosnia is Muslim too, Herzegovina is Roman Catholic, Republika Srpska is Eastern Orthodox, and that's just in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Slovenia is mix of everything and anything, it is sometimes called Serbia in Alps, but has a lot of Bosniaks who are Muslim, a lot of Croatians and Serbs too. Croatia also depends, it is mostly Roman Catholic, but eastern part has a lot of Eastern Orthodox too. All Croatians and Slovenians born up to 1983/1984-ish learned Cyrillic script and still can read it no problem.

You my friend don't have a clue about Balkans, stop talking and go traveling.

Bosnia is Muslim too, Herzegovina is Roman Catholic, Republika Srpska is Eastern Orthodox, and that's just in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Slovenia is mix of everything and anything, it is sometimes called Serbia in Alps, but has a lot of Bosniaks who are Muslim, a lot of Croatians and Serbs too. Croatia also depends, it is mostly Roman Catholic, but eastern part has a lot of Eastern Orthodox too. All Croatians and Slovenians born up to 1983/1984-ish learned Cyrillic script and still can read it no problem.

You my friend don't have a clue about Balkans, stop talking and go traveling.
It is not a controversial statement to say Serbia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Bosnia & Kosovo are culturally quite close to each other.

Anyhow the fact of the matter getting back to my initial point there are 16 countries not all recognised that are Cyrillic speaking in Eastern Europe & Central Asia. Russia is the country with the most number of speakers but plenty of other countries too.

It is not a controversial statement to say Serbia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Bosnia & Kosovo are culturally quite close to each other.
It is, go to Kosovo and tell them that you fool, those kind of things can get you killed in Balkans. Again, stop talking nonsense that you don't have a clue about.

Here is another.

Particular interesting the part in which it says the languages are mutually intelligible and close. Don't have to be backpacking across Europe like BlarneyMan, he probable never met a Serb.😏
I lived there man. I met all Balkan nations. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Yes, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and Montenegrin language are similar. Bulgarian and Macedonian are similar. Romanian is similar to Italian. Slovenian is a bit different but Serbs, Croatians, Montenegrin and Bosnians can understand them, but probably couldn't speak. Kosovo is mostly Albanian and a bit of Serbian and Bosnian in certain border areas, also one area where Croatians live. Greek is completely different to all above. Hungarian is more Finnish than close to any of the above. There is a small bit of education for you since you don't want to travel.

Anyhow the fact of the matter getting back to my initial point there are 16 countries not all recognised that are Cyrillic speaking in Eastern Europe & Central Asia. Russia is the country with the most number of speakers but plenty of other countries too.
Cyrillic is an alphabet, not a language or a language group. The Slavic groups you mentioned are not the only ones who write in Cyrillic. The Kazakhs, who speak a Turkic language, also use Cyrillic. Calling languages “Cyrillic” is like calling the languages that use the Latin script “Latin languages”.

Jesus wept.

I lived there man. I met all Balkan nations. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Yes, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and Montenegrin language are similar. Bulgarian and Macedonian are similar. Romanian is similar to Italian. Slovenian is a bit different but Serbs, Croatians, Montenegrin and Bosnians can understand them, but probably couldn't speak. Kosovo is mostly Albanian and a bit of Serbian and Bosnian in certain border areas, also one area where Croatians live. Greek is completely different to all above. Hungarian is more Finnish than close to any of the above. There is a small bit of education for you since you don't want to travel.
That is what I said so I don't know why you are getting so mad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Local Groove Records

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼