Cork Footballers

He was head and shoulders corks best forward by country mile . Fellas on here tgat it was a toss up between himself and Sherlock got there answer today . Shanley and Walsh massive losses when going off and at least 1 goal and 3 not taken . All in all a huge improvement
What you numpties can’t see is that with Hurley you might get 5 or 6 points from him put nothing from anyone else. Everything has to go through him. He can’t or won’t bring anyone else into the game. To win you need an attack leader that can bring others into the game and he’s not it. So while we have him on the field we will always be less than the sum of the parts.
But not everyone can see that. So you guys have your fun and keep judging football like it’s Top Trumps.

All backs were excellen bar mattie (cul de sac mat)but going forward it will be the same system of play. Have we improved? Paul walsh was excellent today but why are we persisting with powter at 11. He was caught twice waiting for ball intercepted ball goes down the field mortal sin for me. He seems flat not an energy bullet anymore. We need to find a Centre forward fast.
I will give Corbett a pass today but he can't kick pts from 30 m, he must stay on edge of the box.
Brian Hurley is ou rbest club forward in the county but doesn't always turn up for his county but was excellent today . I love Chris og but poor today. Brian o Driscoll was not at the races.
Clearly said in his interview. Powter probably shouldn’t have even played because is currently doing he is medicine exams to become a doctor. I would love if they just gave Powter a position. You say we need to move Powter out of centre forward but he was great for the first 20 mins and then they moved him back… that changed the game

What you numpties can’t see is that with Hurley you might get 5 or 6 points from him put nothing from anyone else. Everything has to go through him. He can’t or won’t bring anyone else into the game. To win you need an attack leader that can bring others into the game and he’s not it. So while we have him on the field we will always be less than the sum of the parts.
But not everyone can see that. So you guys have your fun and keep judging football like it’s Top Trumps.
You clearly are a troll.
But strangely what you’ve said here is a common enough opinion, even at his club level. I know one opposition team that prefer to play a Haven team with him playing. They find the Haven attack overall more predictable and easier to contain when Hurley is playing

The kicked low trajectory ball into our full forward line worked very well for the first 25 minutes. Our full forward line had the Kerry full back line in trouble during that period.

But then, we stopped doing it. I wonder why.

Our intensity appeared to drop too. Not as fit as Kerry? Many Cork players appeared to be out on their feet early on in the second half.
Our intensity dropped just like the U20s during the week

You clearly are a troll.
But strangely what you’ve said here is a common enough opinion, even at his club level. I know one opposition team that prefer to play a Haven team with him playing. They find the Haven attack overall more predictable and easier to contain when Hurley is playing
I’m no troll.
Nothing strange about it. Teams happy to cough up 5 or 6 points to one player on the basis that the team as a whole is worse off. He thinks he’s on fire and keeps doing his own thing meanwhile ignoring the runs of say Corbett. That’s why I think while he’s in the side (at least from the start) we are destined to under-score.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼