Cork Hurlers - Part 2

How far away do you reckon he is from challenging for a starting spot R&B?
If you asked me that 6 months ago I would have said he would be in our first 21 come championship.

Now because of the shenanigans of the college in January he is playing catch up to even make the match day panel.

But if he’s hit form over the last few weeks then I wouldn’t be suprised to see him involved in the next few weeks

This is a forum where people discuss Cork hurling, as far as I am aware there isn't anyone here who has any influence on team selection and I doubt very much that PR and his team are scouring PROC for ideas on what team to pick.

Is it not better to discuss team selection before it is picked rather than criticising after it is picked.

None of us know what the team will be but I think most would probably get around thirteen correct, if you go to games that is obviously.
Well said NC

If you asked me that 6 months ago I would have said he would be in our first 21 come championship.

Now because of the shenanigans of the college in January he is playing catch up to even make the match day panel.

But if he’s hit form over the last few weeks then I wouldn’t be suprised to see him involved in the next few weeks
Thanks, it'd be great if he really got going over the next month.
I think we're going to need reinforcements

Barrett is doing an awful lot right over the last 2 seasons. His ability to win dirty ball in the ruck is a quality we have been missing for a large number of years. Indeed his ability to win primary possession as a whole be it high or low is very admirable. His workrate is also outstanding in that he never stops moving, be that tracking back or looking to get into space.

Barretts 2 main issues are that his tackle technique is poor resulting in him conceding lots of stupid frees and also his shooting has deteriorated since his underage days. Untill these 2 issues are resolved Barrett will always find himself getting criticised in some quarters. The good news is these 2 issues should be rectified by a good coach.
Hi Vlad,
Completely agree on his accuracy, this needs to improve. We need a Barrett in our team even with these shortcomings, the only alternative I can potentially see in the panel would be Brian Roche who could do this role.
High hopes for Barrett though, feel that with confidence in his shooting he could be a game changer.
Bring on Sunday!

Chatting to deise cousin…
Their likely side based on challenge last weekend ( vs Wexford I think)
Nolan
Mark fitz. Prunty. Kenny
————-Leavy——-
Fagan. De Burca. C lyons
Montgomery. Barron
Prendergast. M Kiely. Bennett
——-Patrick Fitz. Hutchinson

De Burca best player on the pitch apparently.

I couldn't see management going a whole pile different against Waterford than OTT has called it earlier, Coleman definitely in to counter attack with Joyce instinctively cutting off their runs, PR will empty the bench anyhow for energetic attack not to have a tiring work rate. But ya hoping to see a good hurling, work & physical balance for the other games.

Chatting to deise cousin…
Their likely side based on challenge last weekend ( vs Wexford I think)
Nolan
Mark fitz. Prunty. Kenny
————-Leavy——-
Fagan. De Burca. C lyons
Montgomery. Barron
Prendergast. M Kiely. Bennett
——-Patrick Fitz. Hutchinson

De Burca best player on the pitch apparently.
why in the name of fuck they would need a sweeper with that defence is beyond me.
Push leavy to midfield and pair Kiely and hutchison inside and you have serious outfit.

which bennet?
Stephen was really struggling recently. Picking a sweeper with him up front is the same as having 4 forwards when cork have the ball

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: The Kates

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼