Pubs reopening June 29th

@ikari warrior So where can one find the best pint of Murphy’s/Guinness/Beamish in all of your watering holes?
Beamish is of a quality across the board in fairness and across the seasons ,
Murphy’s is the slowest seller atm ,the odd French fella or a Douglas fella thinking he’s superior to a salt of the earth beamish drinker but I don’t know which place has the best ,
Guinness id always think mutton ,crane ,sin e bur standards are pretty high across every pub in the city these days
If I was to give you a catch all I’d say the best stouts are always in pubs that don’t do food,

Murphy’s is the slowest seller atm ,the odd French fella or a Douglas fella thinking he’s superior to a salt of the earth beamish drinker but I don’t know which place has the best ,
Guinness id always think mutton ,crane ,sin e bur standards are pretty high across every pub in the city these days
If I was to give you a catch all I’d say the best stouts are always in pubs that don’t do food,
Mutton has usually been on the ball for me.

MOE?

Moe paddies day always a bit quiter when Easter falls within 2/3 weeks of paddies ,that’s always part of it as well as falling on a Sunday as this affects short haul tourism because they don’t have the bank holiday , However it was a long week with Cheltenham and traditional racing pubs were heaving all week especially up around Coburg St so the week was ahead in the round , Demographics too,it was like two days in one ,you had the pubs clearing out at 6 to 8 and were rammed again by 9 with a younger crowd , A really nice week,no trouble or hassle anywhere and people in great form , The next 3 paddies days will follow that pattern and once it falls on a thur again you will see an uptick again as people will take the Friday off and travel ,it’s the same pattern with years We will have the events centre by then anyway .and visitors can reduce their beer miles by drinking locally produced beer ,
The Events centre?

Really? Is that still a thing now?? 🤔🤔

People are full of porter

AndrewPorterrugbyplayer.jpg

This is how busy the pub was at around 7pm yesterday.

Granted now it wouldn't be a renowned heritage racing pub, but still you'd expect places to be a bit busier on Paddy's Day.

One positive from the day is the opening of the excellent new Corrigans. A fine addition to the Cork pub scene

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

28th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼