Cork Developments

Whatever about the hotel, the 10,000 sq ft of office space is an interesting one. Nationally, there's going to be a commercial property crash according to people like David McWilliams.

Office take up in Dublin is well down on previous years
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/20...office-take-up-rate-down-63-in-third-quarter/

In Cork Horgans Quay are looking for 450k a year for a big glass office and I heard recently from somebody with knowledge of it that there isn't sniff of interest. Building 10k sq ft of office space right now looks either bold or naive. More apartments might be a wiser move.
I’m sure JCD went for change of use to apartments in the development he is building on Carey’s site.

Whatever about the hotel, the 10,000 sq ft of office space is an interesting one. Nationally, there's going to be a commercial property crash according to people like David McWilliams.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/20...office-take-up-rate-down-63-in-third-quarter/

In Cork Horgans Quay are looking for 450k a year for a big glass office and I heard recently from somebody with knowledge of it that there isn't sniff of interest. Building 10k sq ft of office space right now looks either bold or naive. More apartments might be a wiser move.
Some very very very short memories on people here. We were told the same bullshit from 'experts' in relation to ghost estates back in '09....so building stopped. Now look where we are, not a house to be had anywhere.

More apartments would be better by all accounts like.

I wonder how many of these offices can be retrofitted, like they aren't built for living in, so it might be tricky enough.

In Ballincollig, O'Flynn built an office block just west of Tesco: it's idle for the last 4 years. The HSE are about to take it over - I think on a 5 year lease.

O'Flynn has permission for 2 (or is it 3) more office blocks on the same site: there is nothing happening there.

Also in Ballincollig, Dell's office, across the road from the Lidl car park, has been empty since the start of Covid.

VMware's office in Ballincollig will soon be empty too, by all accounts.

Dell's office at Mahon Point is also empty.

The only offices that will be built anywhere are those which are already at an advanced stage of construction.
I can't see any developer starting a new office development anytime soon.. Nor any financial institution providing finance for such a development.

"In assessing the application, An Bord Pleanála's planning inspector said the proposed part four to six-storey is considered a 'tall building' according to the Cork City Development Plan but that the site is not identified as a location for such buildings. As a result, they recommended that permission be refused"

Muppets, the lot of them, 6 storeys is a tall building!!! Who wrote the development plan, a Lilliputian. Can we just not get rid of these moron public servants

"In assessing the application, An Bord Pleanála's planning inspector said the proposed part four to six-storey is considered a 'tall building' according to the Cork City Development Plan but that the site is not identified as a location for such buildings. As a result, they recommended that permission be refused"

Muppets, the lot of them, 6 storeys is a tall building!!! Who wrote the development plan, a Lilliputian. Can we just not get rid of these moron public servants
The rock face hill behind the proposal (Sundays Well Road) is about 10-12 storeys.

These people are just stupid @city Hall.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼