Cork Footballers

Bonbon12

The period doesn't include the AI win in 2010 as referred by at least one other poster and Mark Collins didn't play with Cork until afterwards. If we were including the AI win I would have included at least Paddy Kelly, Ciaran Sheehan and Daniel Goulding.

Ruairi Deane isn't a kicker but he has more pace & strength than Collins and far better at breaking through tackles to set up scores. Collins also never hit Deanes peak from 2016 to 2018.

Does anyone know how serious Michael Hurley was injured
Just wondering if he’ll be back for the haven
Every chance of making the final if they have a full team

Mighty list of footballers there RHB. I hope your etc. etc. included Sunday's MOTM Cathal Maguire.
Based on last Sunday's showing I doubt if there's a better half forward in Cork or indeed a better No 13.
I know the one swallow story but his last two points kicked under the utmost pressure in horrific conditions should guarantee him a red shirt in 2024.

Mighty list of footballers there RHB. I hope your etc. etc. included Sunday's MOTM Cathal Maguire.
Based on last Sunday's showing I doubt if there's a better half forward in Cork or indeed a better No 13.
I know the one swallow story but his last two points kicked under the utmost pressure in horrific conditions should guarantee him a red shirt in 2024.
If Maguire was someone who should be guaranteed a red shirt in 24 then you’d have heard a lot more about him before last Sunday. Good player for sure. Physically all there and can play but he’s been inconsistent at club level. Has loads to prove and there’s a big jump from senior club to intercounty in every aspect.

Last edited:
Bonbon12

The period doesn't include the AI win in 2010 as referred by at least one other poster and Mark Collins didn't play with Cork until afterwards. If we were including the AI win I would have included at least Paddy Kelly, Ciaran Sheehan and Daniel Goulding.

Ruairi Deane isn't a kicker but he has more pace & strength than Collins and far better at breaking through tackles to set up scores. Collins also never hit Deanes peak from 2016 to 2018.
Corky we're not going to agree on this. I think Mark was well up to inter-county standard and would imo have won AI if he had been a few years older. C'est la vie

Bonbon12

Of course we can agree to disagree. However loads of other players would have AI medals if they were around when AI's were won. Mark might get in as a panellist in attack in 2010 but so would many other Cork players without AI medals, he certainly wouldn't start, remember Cork's forwards in the 2010 AI final were Ciaran Sheehan, Pearse O'Neill, Paddy Kelly, Daniel Goulding, Donnacha O'Connor, Paul Kerrigan, Colm O'Neill and John Hayes. Who would you drop for Mark Collins?

If Maguire was someone who should be guaranteed a red shirt in 24 then you’d have heard a lot more about him before last Sunday. Good player for sure. Physically all there and can play but he’s been inconsistent at club level. Has loads to prove and there’s a big jump from senior club to intercounty in every aspect.
I have no quarrel with your analysis Shabby. What I said was "based on his performance on Sunday" and "One swallow doesn't make a summer".
My guess is he's a late developer and with proper coaching he could be the answer to our long distance point scoring. You are of course correct in the gap between club and county, but hope springs eternal.

Cathal Mcguire scored one point in 2 games ( Nemo and Barrs ) this year and just because the kicked 2 great points last Sunday people are calling for him to be on the team. This is typical Cark,is Mcguire better that Sherlock,Hurley O Mahony Corbett Blake Murphy.? By all means give him a chance to prove himself.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

8th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼