Cork in the 1980's

They played Celtic at Bishopstown AND Musgrave Park over the space of a couple of years
Played Chelsea at Bishopstown and a few of the Chelsea players went out in the city that night and were involved in a horrific car accident. Le Saux and Eddie Newton were 2 of those involved.
I do remember the Chelsea game but I must not have been at that celtic game at bishopstown . Just the one at musgrave Park and later on played them again at turner's Cross.

That was at Bishopstown I think. Celtic were less than impressed with the fact that they were playing on a building site.

Thought that was down in Musgrave Park alright though for some reason I thought it was a 1-0 defeat for Celtic - Gerry McCabe (the bull - formerly of hamilton accies I think) featured for CCFC and either set up or scored the goal.

They played Celtic at Bishopstown AND Musgrave Park over the space of a couple of years
Played Chelsea at Bishopstown and a few of the Chelsea players went out in the city that night and were involved in a horrific car accident. Le Saux and Eddie Newton were 2 of those involved.
I remember going to Chelsea game bt I thought it was TC ? Maybe that was a different game and can’t remember anything about that accident. I’m definitely losing memory . I remember the Chelsea game and think Elliot centre half was Chelsea captain as only thing I remember from game was he going ballistic after a bad tackle on a Chelsea player but it was definitely TC not sure what year .

I remember going to Chelsea game bt I thought it was TC ? Maybe that was a different game and can’t remember anything about that accident. I’m definitely losing memory . I remember the Chelsea game and think Elliot centre half was Chelsea captain as only thing I remember from game was he going ballistic after a bad tackle on a Chelsea player but it was definitely TC not sure what year .
Definitly Played them in bishopstown as I remember the Chelsea fans were a bit mouthy . I don't remember them out in the cross but it's possible as I went off going to friendlies for a few years.

Definitly Played them in bishopstown as I remember the Chelsea fans were a bit mouthy . I don't remember them out in the cross but it's possible as I went off going to friendlies for a few years.
Paul Elliot was Chelsea captain from 91/94 (just googled it ) so I’m away ahead of time . They definitely played TC but early 90s as I was at it .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

All Of Us Strangers (16) [Cork Lgbti+ Awareness Week]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:45pm

More events ▼