2023 Senior A hurling

Nope I mean neither. Once BR had paperwork filled out and handed into 4th official stating who was replacing who their work was done. They have no hand act or part in what happens on the field. Officials job only.

Bad form from Blarney here. Are they complaining about de 2 points they got from a sideline which should have went to Rovers. Or a point awarded to Mark Coleman which was clearly wide. Or the free at de end when Brian Roche was fouled & ref gave to Blarney.
Irrelevant. Those issues were dealt with by officials at he time, rightly or wrongly. Its the linesman you should be questioning not Blarney 👍

Linesman and umpires made mistakes. Same as linesman & ref did for sub. Linesman left Rovers make a sub. Ref waved play on and player wasn’t off pitch when keeper pucked ball out. Both mistakes by officials. Blarney had 19 wides in de game enough chances to win any game.
Irrelevant. 16 players on field for puckout, influenced that play and everything after it - replay is the only fair solution.

That poses an interesting question and I couldn't see any thing in the rule book. In this instance, who is the illegal player, the substitute that came on or the player that didn't leave the field making up 16 players. One to ponder I guess.
The one who came on made it 16 so it has to be him.

Linesman and umpires made mistakes. Same as linesman & ref did for sub. Linesman left Rovers make a sub. Ref waved play on and player wasn’t off pitch when keeper pucked ball out. Both mistakes by officials. Blarney had 19 wides in de game enough chances to win any game.
I get you are pissed, if I was involved with Blarney I wouldn't appeal it but I can totally understand why they are doing it.

This will be deemed a replay I’d say. Remember the Glen and Kilmacud game was picked to be a replay but Kilcoo then dropped their case. There is precedent in this scenario and it doesn’t look good for Rovers.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Uncanny: I Know What I Saw
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

30th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼