Cork u20 Hurling 2023

You might be right

That's by far the most one eyed reading of what happened after screeneys pass to Egan.

I don't think there's any doubt that I am quite happy for Cork not to be winning.
It's not anti Cork. The same applys with Tipp and Kilkenny.

However I also try to look at what's actually going on and as I said it's 100% clear to me that Cork are the best group of under 20 hurlers in the country.

That actually makes what happened Sunday worse.
Let's say Egan got a goal from play, the score doesn't change and screeney hits another goal in the first half because he isn't pulled down

Does anyone who saw Cork v limerick and especially Clare really believe that Offaly would have won?

We hit Cork with a whirlwind in the second half and they survived recovered and won

Of course Cork should be physical and hard.
They are entitled to step into lads and take no shit but when you take a risk with an opponents health you have to pay the price when you get it wrong.

How much better would the win have been if they had won the way they beat Clare.
The fact that the physicals wouldn't have worked on us due to our similar size had Cork in a better mindset that day I think

Look that's as much as I am saying on it.
There was unfairness but injustice would be false as Cork are the best u 20 team in the country
Delighted that you’ve made good use of this thread as your spot to rant about this Cork u20 team for the past week. Looks like you find this thread a good spot to let off the steam.

There were 2 or 3 instances of people blatantly being dragged down. Not in an especially dangerous way but with no real effort to make a legal challenge. Maybe over the top is the wrong wording but I think in an ideal world most of us wouldn’t like to see this as a feature of the game.

It’s not Cork’s fault as a county that it is a feature of the game and you certainly can’t pin it on an underage team. If you look at how games are refereed in the club championships on TG4 you could legitimately argue Cork have done more than any other county to resist it over the last 15 years or so. But it doesn’t change the fact that we were in the wrong at times over the weekend. It hasn’t diminished the achievement or the satisfaction any bit for me because we’ve been called soft and windy and told to suck it up for 20 years by all of these fellas including many on this thread and they can go fuck themselves absolutely bandy in my book. The more upset they are the better for me. But I do think when we look at it as players, coaches, parents, club people we would like hurling to look a bit different at times.
Cork people have been the main proponents of less rugby physicality in the game since 2006. However they've been shouted down by everyone else, with mantras like manly game, can't take the physicality etc etc and if anything hurling is getting more dirty and dangerous by the year.

After 17 years of trying to play fast skillfull bypass traffic hurling finally Cork have learned the hard way if you can't beat them join them.
The minute we do suddenly those who have been the biggest proponents of puke hurling are the same ones to criticize Cork for over physicality!!

We're not the ones who wanted to play this way but after seeing us do it, others are realising that Cork with it's population and resources could easily with application be better at it then anyone else going forward!

I'm not a fan by the way, I agree someone will get seriously injured some day will will bring about massive changes to the way the game is officiated but for the present if that's the way they apply the rules then that's the way we should be playing.

Hopefully the dispropotionate attention lavished on the one tackle in an underage final will spur the powers that be to direct refs to start dishing out reds for any head high challenges, lay down the marker with the 2 provincial finals on Sunday.
The "swallow the whistle, let the game flow" brigade who changed their tune to castigate this Cork U20 team will no doubt change their tune again.

It has to be sorted though, and it MUST start at senior level.

Omg! Roche had a very good game against Limerick, he done exactly what he was asked to do, spoil and curtail Kyle Hayes. I don’t know was he injured or had an empty tank but he definitely was taken offf for one of those reasons. Hayes thundered into the game when Brian went off which says it all really
Hayes was very prominent all through R&B - would have been another classic Kyle Hayes goal if he didn’t pass to Gillane who missed a sitter. He was distributing great ball into Gillane and Flanagan.

Roche was hooked after just after half time (37th minute) iirc - and Hayes coninued to dominate

No shame in saying he struggled against KH.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Talisk
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

23rd Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Aaron O Sullivan

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼