Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think the frustration is borne of this team missing out on at least 2 more competitive outings this year and by such a paper thin margin.

Ryan and his team are 100% headed in the right direction and the more games they play at this level the more they learn and the more they improve.

When you fail to get it over the lines in tight games every decision/ missplaced pass/ puck out lost/ is under the microscope.

Robbie, Mark and Connolly would have made the difference in the drawn, 1 point games. We’re very close and the year being over in may stings like a bastard.

Even though results weren’t as good as last year the feeling that the team is headed in right direction is hard to ignore.

You’d just hope DC, Seamie and Hoggy are there when the famine ends. Fucking warriors they are.
You’ve hit the nail on the head. Warriors is the right word. They owe us nothing now. I’ve never been so proud in defeat. Gutted but this definitely feels different.

Disappointed but very proud. played to the final whistle in all games and came up just short
This.
Hard to believe Tipp were a point for Cork from being knocked out.
Munster championship is bloody cut throat (and that’s with Waterford shitting the bed, god help us all when they kick on again).

Just home, I’m devastated we lost that game but I am immensely proud of the way our fellas stood up to the challenge today.

Did we make mistakes? Yes we did. Could we have asked anymore from the lads? No we could not.

I haven’t read any post match comments yet but no doubt the knockers are already on here already revelling in our demise but anyone who knocks that team for today would want their heads examined

Just one more point scored against Tipperary, Clare or Limerick and we would be looking foward to the all ireland series, that is the fine margins we are dealing with here, but alas it wasn’t to be. But believe me when I say we are on the verge of something special with this group of players

Don’t know how to feel after that, genuinely. Serious effort in the championship this year and we’ve hurled deep into the summer with far worse teams in recent years but ultimately we played Clare, Limerick and Tipp and didn’t beat any of them so that’s why we’re out and you can’t argue with that. We had three chances and we didnt do it.

Great displays by a number of players. Twomey was brilliant I thought when he came in and Joyce is a rolls Royce. But you look at the leadership we get from Hoggie and Harnedy and I don’t know where you replace that from. How many tight games have we been in recent years where we’re drifting out and a Hoggy goal from play starts a revival. Even though he’s a good bit past his absolute best (the man is 35) who is going to do that for us when he’s gone?

I have no idea how to feel other than absolutely gutted. 13 years since a senior mens all Ireland, 18 in hurling. Honestly never thought we’d see days like this. I hope there’s better to come but are we really any further along than we were in 17 or 18? Would you have believed coming away from the semi in 2017 with the players who came through that year that we’d be looking at another 7 years at least?

Anyway, incredible effort by everyone involved in the setup as ever. All you can ever ask a team is they give their all and they did in spades. Their families and clubs should be very proud of them.

Just home, I’m devastated we lost that game but I am immensely proud of the way our fellas stood up to the challenge today.

Did we make mistakes? Yes we did. Could we have asked anymore from the lads? No we could not.

I haven’t read any post match comments yet but no doubt the knockers are already on here already revelling in our demise but anyone who knocks that team for today would want their heads examined

Just one more point scored against Tipperary, Clare or Limerick and we would be looking foward to the all ireland series but alas it wasn’t to be. But believe me when I say we are on the verge of something special with this group of players
Well said.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Riki Matsuda: Happy Hour

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼