Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Going to be a long winter to dissect everything but before that just a hat tip to Hoggie, Harnedy and Cahalane. If today was to be their last outing for Cork they must certainly died with their boots on.

Likely Alan Cadogans too, felt he could have proved an option v Clare given way game was being played out but wasn’t to be.
Definitely agree on Cadogan. The space inside was gagging for a speed merchant.

Cahalane work rate and heart and improvement unquestionable but still think wing back is better for him.

Hoggie is a magician.

When you look at the pick up that wasn't and the Kingston lift with an open road in front that's at least a 2 point swing.

Whatever about getting lucky v Tipp.....losing 2 by a point is really galling.

As for Owens.....2 reds for 2nd yellows minimum. Not to mention the pickup non free and the pen. In the last 15 mins nearly every tackle was round the head.

Tis what it is now anyway.

Going to be a long winter to dissect everything but before that just a hat tip to Hoggie, Harnedy and Cahalane. If today was to be their last outing for Cork they must certainly died with their boots on.

Likely Alan Cadogans too, felt he could have proved an option v Clare given way game was being played out but wasn’t to be.
Horgan was their best player today and you have him walking away? Not happening. I’m not so sure on any of them actually but if I was Cadogan I’m not sure why I would stick around.

Not as devastated as after some recent exits. We knocked ourselves out against Galway last year. Gave it socks today and were very unlucky. I appreciate its a funny analogy (given one team got to an AI Final and the other didn't get out of Munster) but this year's Cork have a bang of 2003 off them. I really do think the good times are coming.

Great fight and efficiency- a lot to like about performance today

Have to admire limerick for the side they are - not in flow but will fight it out to the end. They are the goat imo -

Hard to get out of Munster these times.

I think the rest have caught up. They are getting results of sorts. Inching by a point against us when we’re still building isn’t all Ireland winning form. I dont see them winning this year. They’re not as clinical as previous years.
Are they catching up though? Galway awful for the most part today. Kilkenny losing to Wexford and awful battering from Limerick in league. Tipp a bad beating today. Clare the only ones who have consistently proven they can stick with this Limerick team.

Gutted for today but delighted to see a Cork team stick with Limerick for the whole 70 plus. Can only be built on going forward 🤞Horgan and Harnedy definitely have another year in them!

SOD manhandled Gillane and recklessly/needlessly gave way the penalty. Regardless of whether Gillane held his hurley or not, was there any need for that from SOD?
Stupid comment. How should he defend in that situation? He was making it extremely difficult for the forward to manouvre without fouling him. It's a fine art and you need a good ref to implement the rules to the letter.

Had some time to calm the heart down. Gutted. Absolutely gutted. We nearly had them. But nearlys are no good to us unfortunately.

Look, I don't think we're as good as Limerick and Clare. If you told me at the start of the year that we'd lose by a point to them I would've been surprised. It's shit or bust for this Clare team and Limerick are slowly on the decline but they are still that bit better than us.

To our three old warriors Damien, Hoggie and Harnedy, fair fucks. Put in a fantastic shift today. They'll all be back again next year. We're a couple of players away from winning it all in my opinion. Who knows if we had Mark, Alan and Robbie we could've been very close to a Munster Final.

Any year we don't win an All Ireland is a failure, and this year is no different. Pat will feel the same way. But we've come on loads from last year in my opinion.

Finally, I'm very proud of the effort our lads put in this year. Massive thanks to Pat and his management. He's the man to lead us back to Liam. I know the lads will be bulling to get back into it. For now the lads can get a well deserved break. We've an All Ireland u20 final to look forward to next Sunday, and please god this time next week we'll be celebrating a victory. There's a lot to look forward to for us Cork hurling fans. Rebels Abú.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coldplace - The World's Leading Coldplay Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼