Cork u20 Hurling 2023

Great character to win but we didn’t deserve it. Completely collapsed after half time.
There was quite a bit of hysteria on here. It's funny to read back now.

We were poor in the first half but considering what happened to these clare players v cork in 20 and 21 we were always likely to be jittery.
We showed incredible character honesty drive and a serious level of skill to come back playing against a serious wind.

It was utterly compelling.

One of the great underage finals
However its absolutely not correct to say cork didn't deserve it.

Ye absolutely did.

When we were rampant and smashing ye all over the field and hitting magnificent scores ye never panicked and fought for every inch.

Ye got a couple of little breaks as well. One if not two points went over after hitting the post for example plus the biggest one was finishing with 15.

One of the Cork lads is an accident waiting to happen.
If you are wondering what I mean
When you are watching back he gets caught for overcarrying. Watch carefully what he does to Rynne the Clare lad with the yellow and white helmet.
Rynne is an aggressive lad himself and begins the altercation but your man gives the officials a decision to make in a most stupid way .

Anyway I don't want to be shitting on a great win (🤢🤮 😁)
The atmosphere was electric in the 2nd half

Finally I hope ye go on and represent munster in the final appallingly so the wexicans or biffos take ye out

Up the Banner

I wasn't there...age has caught up with me and will with you in time
I enjoy match on tv now as much as when I played...No one is writing anyone off here
Why would they
It was a brilliant match and two great teams
We beat them by 30 points at u17 so they did improve
That's innacurate
It was 10 points in 2020
Then 40 points in 2021

Please be accurate while reminding me if those shit shows 🤪

We have had a Great campaign

We were poor in the first half but considering what happened to these clare players v cork in 20 and 21 we were always likely to be jittery.
We showed incredible character honesty drive and a serious level of skill to come back playing against a serious wind.

Ye absolutely did.

When we were rampant and smashing ye all over the field and hitting magnificent scores ye never panicked and fought for every inch.

Ye got a couple of little breaks as well. One if not two points went over after hitting the post for example plus the biggest one was finishing with 15.

When you are watching back he gets caught for overcarrying. Watch carefully what he does to Rynne the Clare lad with the yellow and white helmet.
Rynne is an aggressive lad himself and begins the altercation but your man gives the officials a decision to make in a most stupid way .

Finally I hope ye go on and represent munster in the final appallingly so the wexicans or biffos take ye out

Up the Banner
Very fair summary. I agree that the player you mentioned was stupid to do what he did - nothing in it really but as you said he could have given the referee a big decision to make. (Surprised the Clare fella didn't go down like he was shot, mind - the U20s must have different coaches to the seniors 😉 )

Ye absolutely did.

Up the Banner
😃fair enough points made there. Agree on finishing with 15. Very worrying however that Cork collapsed so badly in the 1st part of the second half. On balance probably did deserve to win but by god they made it very hard for themselves. Two very good teams and I think the bit of class in the Cork forwards and midfield made the difference. Looks like both will get a few senior players out of their respective panels.

Very fair summary. I agree that the player you mentioned was stupid to do what he did - nothing in it really but as you said he could have given the referee a big decision to make. (Surprised the Clare fella didn't go down like he was shot, mind - the U20s must have different coaches to the seniors 😉 )
At least the clare lads have to be hit in the head. Fitzgibbon was rubbed on the leg last week 😁 Sure hard man gardiner did it 20 years ago to big Dan

Re the other lad. I agree it wasn't dangerous but he did it. The problem is that the officials didn't deal with it so if you are Sean Rynne are you wondering should you have gone down
If he gets a red or a yellow then I am pretty sure he's off the field with maybe 15 to go and Clare win as he picked up another yellow j think
He is a huge risk

At least the clare lads have to be hit in the head. Fitzgibbon was rubbed on the leg last week 😁 Sure hard man gardiner did it 20 years ago to big Dan

Re the other lad. I agree it wasn't dangerous but he did it. The problem is that the officials didn't deal with it so if you are Sean Rynne are you wondering should you have gone down
If he gets a red or a yellow then I am pretty sure he's off the field with maybe 15 to go and Clare win as he picked up another yellow j think
He is a huge risk
I agree on your second paragraph , this is a point that has been overlooked on here since the game, the aggression he brings to any team is huge but you can’t lose control during a match. He was the same against limerick the last day and I’m suprised he hasn’t been reigned in by the management. Also because he hasn’t been hurling much his touch is gone to pot too which doesn’t help

I think he’s more suited to midfield anyway although playing there only increases the risk of an incident. I’d also much prefer Eoin Downey at 6.

The ideal scenario is beat Clare on Sunday in the senior and leave Eoin play the under 20 all ireland final the following week

He is a huge risk
David Fitzgerald wasn't hit in the head last Saturday, he was shoved in the chest. He collapsed like he was made of Jenga.

More seriously, you're definitely correct about 'the other lad' needing to rein it in.

David Fitzgerald wasn't hit in the head last Saturday, he was shoved in the chest. He collapsed like he was made of Jenga.

More seriously, you're definitely correct about 'the other lad' needing to rein it in.
Just bear in mind that if the cccc looked at thar incident and issued a yellow he is in trouble because that would be 2 yellows on the night = red

Downey will be available by the final will he ?

Just bear in mind that if the cccc looked at thar incident and issued a yellow he is in trouble because that would be 2 yellows on the night = red

Downey will be available by the final will he ?
Which incident might the CCCCCCCCCC be looking at? Also, if a player is dismissed for two yellows in one game, I thought there was no automatic one-match ban (hence Hegarty being able to come against Clare)?

If the AI final is played as currently scheduled on May 27th, probably not. Interestingly, talk that if Offally win tonight they will ask for a change if date, since they are also in the Joe McDonagh final due to be played that weekend and they have a few U20 players in their senior panel.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼