Cork Footballers

We’re you at the game today? Deane was outstanding only player running with pace and power drew plenty of frees

John Fintan Daly said the same on C103fm that Ruairi Deane was Cork's stand out player. It was a good move to recall the Bantry man.

There doesn't seem to be much coming through, winning Munster minor the past 2 years has shown poor quality v Tyrone and Derry in respective years. This year's minor team were blown away in a recent challenge v Dublin.

Cork Senior selectors need to seriously consider Ryan O'Donovan as mentioned on here by a few posters.

On the way back from the game.
R Maguire, Deane and Tommy walsh played reasonably. That was about it

Kickout plan pull everyone to one side and kick it out and hope for the best. Martin is not up to this level albeit he made a great save
Ian maguire is finished outran all day and didn’t make much of an impact.

Mahony was taken to the cleaners by sexton, half forward line was anonymous. As was full forward line. Sherlock was great on frees but didn’t contribute much in play Chris og was abysmal. Really missed Hurley today is the clear focal point of our attack
Hurley is Cork’s best player! Had to laugh at certain posters here, suggesting he be dropped. I cannot understand why his brother Michael is also not on team. The team is full of mediocre players who wouldn’t be within a smell of starting on a Kerry side

Absolutely appalling result. As Trav said, I’m glad no one was associated with this mess.

If I’m Kevin ODonovan I’m getting down on my hands and knees and begging Haulie ONeill to take over this rabble because Cleary hasn’t a notion.

I wouldn’t be holding out much hope, Cork football has been failed by administrators for decades.

Anyone care to explain what exactly Clown-ihan has achieved in his new role? Or what exactly he’s meant to be doing?

Absolutely appalling result. As Trav said, I’m glad no one was associated with this mess.

If I’m Kevin ODonovan I’m getting down on my hands and knees and begging Haulie ONeill to take over this rabble because Cleary hasn’t a notion.

I wouldn’t be holding out much hope, Cork football has been failed by administrators for decades.

Anyone care to explain what exactly Clown-ihan has achieved in his new role? Or what exactly he’s meant to be doing?
Nice try

Players of the right quality, physical size are not coming through from club level so it comes down to development squads, colleges to develop and bring players into the IC panel. Ye can blame Counihan, KOD, Cleary etc but it comes down to our clubs who dont seem to be developing the relevant quality players for IC level. The restructuring of the Championships has further diluted the cut and thrust of our championships and we have lost our ability to develop big strong half backs, midfielders, half forwards etc. Having only Maguire and O Callaghan as midfield options is shocking in a county the size of Cork, as is having Michael A Martin as the only IC keeper, his kickouts are very poor at this level and again I'll look to the clubs and what is being developed...
How can clubs develop players when from 15 years old they spend most of there time with development squads? Look at Rebel Og championship structures all games squeezes into a few days so weekends are kept free for squads. Youngs fellas not on squads are hardly playing, good clubs will develop players if they get the chance.

He isn't related to a centre back, midfield or half forward...maybe...
The best centre back in the county was sitting at home on his arse in Clonakilty. Maguire isn’t fit to lace Clancy’s boots and anyone who has seen the football Clancy’s played since he returned to his club will tell you the same. Laughable decision making by management.

The best centre back in the county was sitting at home on his arse in Clonakilty. Maguire isn’t fit to lace Clancy’s boots and anyone who has seen the football Clancy’s played since he returned to his club will tell you the same. Laughable decision making by management.
Against a very poor O'Donovan Rossa team and half a Kanturk team, settle down

I'd def like your keeper to be up there if you can sort that it would be great, thanks

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼