Cyclists

Even though there are examples of posters wishing harm to cyclists in this very thread?
The issue at hand is not as harmless or as banal as you make out.
Not all cyclists. Just people who speed after female drivers yelling "I have you on camera, I have you on camera" & are referred to as Vigilantes on a bike.

There's an element of bullying about this whole caper, you can have the banter without being nasty.

You have to wonder about the mentality of any late middle aged man who feels the need to take part in a pile on with a bunch of fellow no-marks against an individual just because they dare to be independent and voice unpopular opinions.

Mindfulness meditation app👉

So tell me why it's acceptable to have a long-running thread called 'cyclists' where the modus operandi of the few bullies in it, is to make spitful comments about 'cyclists' as if they are one homogenous group.

You do realise this thread is going about 10 years?

This is the very first post.

Tell me what is rational about this post and everything that has come after it?

Its acceptable because admin allow it on their site, so I suggest having a hysterical crywank in their direction.

You don't get to dictate what people can and cant post just because it upsets you.

Its acceptable because admin allow it on their site, so I suggest having a hysterical crywank in their direction.

You don't get to dictate what people can and cant post just because it upsets you.

If the admins want to allow it, grand. That is their prerogative. (Although they have banned certain posters for a time when they actively called for well-known cyclists to be injured and put into hospital)
The admins give a lot of leeway to this stuff. That is not my point.

Some are suggesting that the type of bullying and hounding is 'just banter', not really an issue, or just a few guys letting off steam.
Yet, them some feel compelled to feel offended when they are called out for this behaviour, as if they can bully and hound people without consequences. That is the attitude of a child.

Again, though you didn't really answer my question. Why is it acceptable to carry on with this type of behaviour?

I'm seriously tempted to start a breakaway Republic of Corcaigh forum where people who don't like the bile of certain middle aged cranks can have the bantz and lols without the name calling and bitterness that has beset this place.

It goes without saying that I'll be the sole moderator and anyone who posts an opinion I disagree with will be instabanned.

Watch this space ☀

If the admins want to allow it, grand. That is their prerogative. (Although they have banned certain posters for a time when they actively called for well-known cyclists to be injured and put into hospital)
The admins give a lot of leeway to this stuff. That is not my point.

Some are suggesting that the type of bullying and hounding is 'just banter', not really an issue, or just a few guys letting off steam.
Yet, them some feel compelled to feel offended when they are called out for this behaviour, as if they can bully and hound people without consequences. That is the attitude of a child.

Again, though you didn't really answer my question. Why is it acceptable to carry on with this type of behaviour?

Because people are assholes, and theres always an entertaining hysteric who gets offended by the ramblings of strangers on the internet.

Its a vicious circle.

A cycle if you will.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Sean Hardware

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼