Cork Hurlers - Part 2

FsA5J_EWcAMOZsY

Interesting team. Strange to see Damien named corner back, Is he going to go in full and Eoin in the corner? Half foward line worries me, no ball winners there and full foward line is rich in potential but outside of Power who is going to win dirty ball. Delighted to see Tim and Hoggy back on the panel, but no Fitzy again
Would say E Downey and cahalane will play as selected.

Weakish forward line alright, Power and Barrett are flying - the rest really need to dig out a performance.

Serious vote of confidence in Ethan Twomey - most interesting selection for me.

Well, there ye are folks I predicted a light weight half-forward line and it's now in black on white. However I had Brian Hayes starting. Even more lightweight with the full line, I can't see our corner-forwards get too much change from the KK corner-backs in current weather conditions. I hope Shane Kingston has the proper hurley that gives him the correct first touch and that he and Jack can use their speed, we need good drying between now and Sunday but the forward line isn't conducive to direct hurling.

I have a feeling Niall O'Leary or Eoin Downey will be marking Billy Drennan with Damien or Rob at full-back.

KK fans will welcome Richie Hogan back but Eoin Cody is a big loss to their attack.

Didn't realise Eoin Cody was missing for Kilkenny

Still that's a strong kk team, fair forward unit even without Cody, tj, mullen
Clifford and Drennan were both outstanding for their u20s last year.

A bit similar to Cork...giving lads their chance to gain experience and through necessity due to injuries.

Poor balance to the Cork forward line. Hard to see where we will win enough ball but at the same time a great opportunity to find out more about what these lads are made of.

None of them can complain they didn't get a fair crack at it.

Well, there ye are folks I predicted a light weight half-forward line and it's now in black on white. However I had Brian Hayes starting. Even more lightweight with the full line, I can't see our corner-forwards get too much change from the KK corner-backs in current weather conditions. I hope Shane Kingston has the proper hurley that gives him the correct first touch and that he and Jack can use their speed, we need good drying between now and Sunday but the forward line isn't conducive to direct hurling.

I have a feeling Niall O'Leary or Eoin Downey will be marking Billy Drennan with Damien or Rob at full-back.

KK fans will welcome Richie Hogan back but Eoin Cody is a big loss to their attack.
Ya - on paper looks our lightweight forwards are in bother against Butler, Walsh, Lawlor & co. I think it’s very intentional from our mgmt to lay down this specific challenge to Kingston, JOC & co… proper test ahead, can’t wait

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼