The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Dermot Gallagher " we spoke about manhandling the officials after the fernandes incident and I was of the opinion that it wasn't a red.

But what Mitrovic did was far more aggressive and I thought Chris Kavanaugh handled it very well"

@marco 2005 ??

Yeah, you were wrong, as usual.
what are you on about Mary?

is your point that one push is more aggressive than the other? thanks for that Captain Obvious.

Mitrovic deserved his red (and will more than likely get done proper with a lengthy ban coming his way) and I think Bruno deserved one too for petulance and pushing an official...not sure why you're still rattled about this?

what are you on about Mary?

is your point that one push is more aggressive than the other? thanks for that Captain Obvious.

Mitrovic deserved his red (and will more than likely get done proper with a lengthy ban coming his way) and I think Bruno deserved one too for petulance and pushing an official...not sure why you're still rattled about this?
Ah okay, you haven't the good grace to admit when you're wrong.

I get it.

It's a cardinal rule that if you place your hands on the ref then you're a hostage to fortune.

They're even increasingly touchy enough about any verbals - which I partly understand, as the instances of serious attacks on referees at lower levels of non-league football are really getting out of hand. It's a slippery slope. The sport* definitely needs, top-down, to show referees more respect.

Bruno was probably lucky that the referee's assistant didn't choose to make an issue of his petulance. If he had, then any defence (or appeal, if it resulted in a ban) would be tough.

But Mitro's was on another level. It was menacing and the kind of behaviour that refs simply can't be seen to tolerate.

* except Klopp, obvs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack L

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼