The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Then we need a sub class for the Eredivisie m8
Carpenters league.
nah m8, Bundesliga is about the same level as Ligue 1 these days, there's not much between them...same with Serie A...PL's hoovering pretty much every good players in Europe...there are just a few aristocratic clubs left on the continent that continue to attract top talent....
I've watched a fair amount of Serie A and Bundesliga this year. The results in the CL will tell you that on general they're not as good as EPL teams, but the football in those leagues is far more entertaining than the EPL.

Pep is a brilliant coach, but by Christ I hate his style of football and I hope it dies a death soon.

Carpenters league.

I've watched a fair amount of Serie A and Bundesliga this year. The results in the CL will tell you that on general they're not as good as EPL teams, but the football in those leagues is far more entertaining than the EPL.

Pep is a brilliant coach, but by Christ I hate his style of football and I hope it dies a death soon.
I was on about the overall level of the leagues, not how ‘watchable’ they are…I can tell you entertainment is also good in Ligue 1 m8 👍

El T MOTM again but some numpties are comparing him to Ole :lol!:

dy4vpv8wkaah3gw.jpg

are you suggesting they're of the same quality Philby m8?

Whilst MOTM awards don't prove much (other than the fact a manager got a nice run of positive results), Ole basically got one, El T's got 3 this season, 2 in a row...

anyway, just came across that line of questioning in this morning press conf...

'No excuses for not winning it from where they currently are' lolzers, there are 57 points left to play for including 2 games vs City, our SSB friends got to 90 points a few times and had fuck all to show for it at the end of the season.

This narrative from journos, while unsurprising, is quite pathetic.

are you suggesting they're of the same quality Philby m8?

Of course not m8. Was just having a gentle yank of your chain

anyway, just came across that line of questioning in this morning press conf...

'No excuses for not winning it from where they currently are' lolzers, there are 57 points left to play for including 2 games vs City, our SSB friends got to 90 points a few times and had fuck all to show for it at the end of the season.

This narrative from journos, while unsurprising, is quite pathetic.

This is par for the course from journos looking for a big headline - and potentially rinse and repeat it if Arsenal do fall short.

Thought Arteta handled it well. But the pressure isn't really on yet. The key test will come when they have a run of 2 games without winning - that's when the press will put everything under a microscope, at that's when Arteta will have to really earn his corn.

City are having a poor season by their standard - on track for an 85.5 point total based on games so far - but it's not like a 5-8 point lead at the half-time means it'll be a procession. They could conceivably play well twice against City and come away with 0 points (...my guess is they'll lose one & draw one), which would almost eat up the gap on its own.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼