Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I had a look at the RTE sports comment about the teams for tomorrow and it says that there is an experimental Limerick team playing a strong Cork selection, whereas I would think it was the other way around.....

Regarding Cork , it is clear that Fitzgibbon cup has impacted on the team and the management are trying to manage their workload.
There are about 40 lads training so not everybody can be named for this game and I expect we will see lots of players get opportunities during the next few games. I presume that shortly however they will have to start trimming the squad to more manageable levels.

I actually think this is a bigger game for experienced players like Meade, Lehane and Horgan who have to show they are prepared to match the intensity and physicality that Limerick bring.

Great to see so many young lads starting, lads at the very start of their senior career and what a great game to start. Conor O Callaghan, Eoin Downey, Brian Roche, Tommy O Connell, Cormac Beausang and Brian O Sullivan. The subs bench also filled with young lads waiting for their chance.

Expectations need to be tempered however, Limerick have probably seven starters and another three who are an integral part of their group. They are a well drilled unit and know their game plan very well where Cork management are still dipping their toes in the water at this level.

It will be another great night in the Pairc for both counties.
Think I read 8 players who played v Galway last year.
Collins, SOD, Joyce, Cahalane, Lehane, ROF, Horgan, Luke Meade

Great opportunity for the other 7.

Pat Ryan might be a lucky manager,1st year in charge and Tipp are rebuilding a squad,Waterford have 4 away matches and if we cant make the top 3 in those circumstances we are in serious trouble.

I had a look at the RTE sports comment about the teams for tomorrow and it says that there is an experimental Limerick team playing a strong Cork selection, whereas I would think it was the other way around.....

Regarding Cork , it is clear that Fitzgibbon cup has impacted on the team and the management are trying to manage their workload.
There are about 40 lads training so not everybody can be named for this game and I expect we will see lots of players get opportunities during the next few games. I presume that shortly however they will have to start trimming the squad to more manageable levels.

I actually think this is a bigger game for experienced players like Meade, Lehane and Horgan who have to show they are prepared to match the intensity and physicality that Limerick bring.

Great to see so many young lads starting, lads at the very start of their senior career and what a great game to start. Conor O Callaghan, Eoin Downey, Brian Roche, Tommy O Connell, Cormac Beausang and Brian O Sullivan. The subs bench also filled with young lads waiting for their chance.

Expectations need to be tempered however, Limerick have probably seven starters and another three who are an integral part of their group. They are a well drilled unit and know their game plan very well where Cork management are still dipping their toes in the water at this level.

It will be another great night in the Pairc for both counties.
Completely agree about the expectations. I fully believe Pat Ryan will get this team competing at the highest level but it’s not going to happen over night and there will be bumps along the way and mistakes made. I hope the Cork hurling supporters are prepared for this and give the man a chance to forge a sqaud of winners. That journey starts tomorrow night in the Pairc and I’m really looking forward to bringing my father to the game and having a few pints after

Absolutely. We’re evolving now into a place where we don’t need to play 10/11 starters during the league. Wins obviously preferable but I’m far more interested that as many of these lads as possible get exposed to hurling at this level. We’ll find out over the next few months who’ll be good enough to persist with.
So winning the league for the first time in 25 years is not essential?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
One Night In Nashville
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼