Cork Hurlers - Part 2

@Killyoursons.. That’s not what I said. Please don’t take one part of a single sentence and quote those few words totally out of context and selectively ignore everything else in that sentence not to mind everything else in my post in plain English. Read it all again.. You’ve mentioned groups of players as league champions KK 16 & Clare15. Sure they were already All Ireland champions which supports one of the points I made (that you ignored) Again, I think Waterford are the only group to win a league not to win an All Ireland. But I did use the word “most”, not all as your point suggests. You are wrong. I stand over my post and the context.. This league is very important to the Cork group to get positive momentum going.. The 1st night out against Limerick is a tough one.

@Killyoursons.. That’s not what I said. Please don’t take one part of a single sentence and quote those few words totally out of context and selectively ignore everything else in that sentence not to mind everything else in my post in plain English. Read it all again.. You’ve mentioned groups of players as league champions KK 16 & Clare15. Sure they were already All Ireland champions which supports one of the points I made (that you ignored) Again, I think Waterford are the only group to win a league not to win an All Ireland. But I did use the word “most”, not all as your point suggests. You are wrong. I stand over my post and the context.. This league is very important to the Cork group to get positive momentum going.. The 1st night out against Limerick is a tough
It is what you said: in the last six/seven years, "winners of the league winning the All Ireland that year or the following most if the time". That is false. In the last seven years there have been eight league winners, and only three of these have won the AI the year they won the league or the following year. (To be fair, Waterford might make it four if they win the AI this year.)

You are correct that most teams who won the league in this period either had already won an AI or would go on to win one. If you had just said that, I wouldn't have replied to your post.

€18 to go to something that is no more than a glorified challenge match i will be staying at home and watching it on the tv.
Why the fuck are the terraces closed. Have the old farts learned nothing in the last few years.
This is Cork and Limerick on a bank holiday saturday night for god sake.
Game after game on a saturday night always sees the Blackrock terrace opened at the last minute in a panic to funnel supporters in there because they are left standing in the South Stand concourse without a seat.
Cork and Galway last year was particularity badly handled, patrons had to walk out onto the field/end line (with the game in full flow) to access the terrace.

FFS this is complete nonsense , I tell you what let’s get the Cork Hurlers to hold hands and dance around the campfire because someone’s feelings have been hurt. Horgan is turning 35, he will be a squad player that is it. I’ m sure “ young Kingston” will get over it. Last year was a cluster fuck . Maybe we should be discussing trying to win a league for the first time in 25 years or maybe some just enjoy the Soap Opera l.

FFS this is complete nonsense , I tell you what let’s get the Cork Hurlers to hold hands and dance around the campfire because someone’s feelings have been hurt. Horgan is turning 35, he will be a squad player that is it. I’ m sure “ young Kingston” will get over it. Last year was a cluster fuck . Maybe we should be discussing trying to win a league for the first time in 25 years or maybe some just enjoy the Soap Opera l.
We’re good at nonsense in these parts

Priorities to me for this league is to:
- establish a reliable full back for the championship
- confirm a first choice free taker and find 1-2 players for HF line who can win our own puckout
- Plus settle on a first choice solid keeper with good distribution, which may be the hardest on the list.

Priorities to me for this league is to:
- establish a reliable full back for the championship
- confirm a first choice free taker and find 1-2 players for HF line who can win our own puckout
- Plus settle on a first choice solid keeper with good distribution, which may be the hardest on the list.
That’s unrealistic and wishful thinking. I think realistically we are going to be giving Pa Collins another year in goal, The HF line will be done fairly easily considering how many options we have. I don’t think we will have a settled FB this year especially not in the league and i’d say dalton will be our free taker for the year at this stage.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼