Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Last year was difficult for us all, watching the shit show of the harlem Globetrotters in full swing. Imagine being on the panel putting up with that craic! Are the rumours to blame for everyone else’s failures too? Sweet Jesus
He was as much to blame for Cork’s failures last year as anyone. His form dipped big time since 2019.

I'd like to see the samples of dirty linen you refer to that were aired in public. My point is based on him being dropped without a better player to equal him primarily as a freetaker so then he is wrongly deprived of doing his 'talking on the field'. He simply hadn't the opportunity when he was wrongly dropped.
Strikes in 08 and 09. Donal Og various rants on Sunday Game. Sully interview last year where he cut the legs under Nash and now this. Less talking needed now.

He wasn’t wrongly dropped. He hasn’t scored a goal in championship since 2020. He’s not got more than 2 points from play in a championship match in a few years too. Legs are gone. Time for younger guys to get a go.

Seems players should be seen and not heard. Imagine if the players involved in the strike had taken that attitude, we would never have got the basic improvements in set ups that we have now.
Looks like it's okay for some players to call out faults and failings in management setups but not others, funny that.
Bit of a difference when it's a panel taking a collective stand as opposed to one player complaining about being dropped.

Doubt it's that big a deal overall, but on the whole he should have been smart enough to deflect the question.

I'd add that one thing Cork should be looking for during the league is an alternative freetaker. Hoggy might recover his form in general play this year, but he might not either, and it would be no harm to have the option of using him as a sub.

I'd add that one thing Cork should be looking for during the league is an alternative freetaker. Hoggy might recover his form in general play this year, but he might not either, and it would be no harm to have the option of using him as a sub.
Dalton is the obvious choice, plus he can hit them from distance too

Kingston is good too

Bit of a difference when it's a panel taking a collective stand as opposed to one player complaining about being dropped.

Doubt it's that big a deal overall, but on the whole he should have been smart enough to deflect the question.
That's what you took from the article, fair enough.
Strikes in 08 and 09. Donal Og various rants on Sunday Game. Sully interview last year where he cut the legs under Nash and now this. Less talking needed now.

He wasn’t wrongly dropped. He hasn’t scored a goal in championship since 2020. He’s not got more than 2 points from play in a championship match in a few years too. Legs are gone. Time for younger guys to get a go.
Three points against Clare last year.
Tbh, I have no issue with Patrick being dropped if we had had a ready made free taker (maybe Dalton will be the answer this year) but what happened against Galway last year in the first half was a travesty and showed up the failings of the management. 18 wides, Lehane and Coleman missing soft frees.

That's what you took from the article, fair enough.

Three points against Clare last year.
Tbh, I have no issue with Patrick being dropped if we had had a ready made free taker (maybe Dalton will be the answer this year) but what happened against Galway last year in the first half was a travesty and showed up the failings of the management. 18 wides, Lehane and Coleman missing soft frees.
I took that from it because he said it. He also said a lot of other things, many of which made sense to me. I wasn't suggesting he was going on a Keano-esque rant.

If I was PR I’d wipe my hands now of Hoggy. He can lay down a marker that this type of shite won’t be tolerated. Forget sentiment, this article is typical whining BS from the Cork camp. I wouldn’t care less if he was still one our best players on his day.
Charlie Carter comes to mind!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Hush

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼