Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

And a subject avoided by any party with an eye on power. This is SFs biggest hurdle as party of the people when the majority of the people want immigration control of some kind. I’ve said it earlier on this thread only to be dismissed (better than disappeared I suppose;) ) by Soundy who believes the party is solid on this issue. It’s membership may be, it’s support base I would argue, is not.
Dismissed?
Do you mean asked and answered? I don’t dispute that many who voted for SF have major reservations about the wide open door policy of immigration under this government. I think there should be some controls myself.

What more do you want me to do for ya luv?

And a subject avoided by any party with an eye on power. This is SFs biggest hurdle as party of the people when the majority of the people want immigration control of some kind. I’ve said it earlier on this thread only to be dismissed (better than disappeared I suppose;) ) by Soundy who believes the party is solid on this issue. It’s membership may be, it’s support base I would argue, is not.
There are immigration controls in place. As for “the majority of the people,” claim, would you like to back that up?

Where is the evidence for this?

We do have immigration control as well as free movement rights to live, study, work etc across the E.U.

Dismissed?
Do you mean asked and answered? I don’t dispute that many who voted for SF have major reservations about the wide open door policy of immigration under this government. I think there should be some controls myself.

What more do you want me to do for ya luv?
As usual you are simply incorrect.

As usual you are simply incorrect.

It was wide open up to this week Stacey. There have been economic migrants successfully claiming asylum here. Only in the last few days have the Government decided to prioritise Ukrainians (fleeing a war) and women with children, ahead of the influx of men of "fighting age". Speaking of fighting age what's been going on in a couple of instances in refuges for foreign people seeking asylum has been deplorable. And the fact that some spokesperson claimed it was triggered due to a language difficulty is risible.

People getting on flights to Ireland without any documents when they land need to be carefully interviewed and scrutinised imho. And they should be warned in advance that if it's proven they've told any lies in such an immigration interview then it would mean deportation.

I think we should welcome genuine cases where victims are being oppressed because of their religious beliefs, sexual orientation and the like. But I don't think we should be taking in economic migrants at the moment because we are already oversubscribed in terms of trying to host refugees who are actually oppressed or are fleeing a war zone.

I heard on the radio that Ireland now is not satisfying its international obligations to house refugees. Which raises the question of If there's a legal obligation on this country's Government to house refugees from abroad, why is there no legal obligation on this country's Government to house people from this country as well? Or is it that people from abroad must be treated better than our own people already here? 🤷‍♂️

It was wide open up to this week Stacey. There have been economic migrants successfully claiming asylum here. Only in the last few days have the Government decided to prioritise Ukrainians (fleeing a war) and women with children, ahead of the influx of men of "fighting age". Speaking of fighting age what's been going on in a couple of instances in refuges for foreign people seeking asylum has been deplorable. And the fact that some spokesperson claimed it was triggered due to a language difficulty is risible.

People getting on flights to Ireland without any documents when they land need to be carefully interviewed and scrutinised imho. And they should be warned in advance that if it's proven they've told any lies in such an immigration interview then it would mean deportation.

I think we should welcome genuine cases where victims are being oppressed because of their religious beliefs, sexual orientation and the like. But I don't think we should be taking in economic migrants at the moment because we are already oversubscribed in terms of trying to host refugees who are actually oppressed or are fleeing a war zone.

I heard on the radio that Ireland now is not satisfying its international obligations to house refugees. Which raises the question of If there's a legal obligation on this country's Government to house refugees from abroad, why is there no legal obligation on this country's Government to house people from this country as well? Or is it that people from abroad must be treated better than our own people already here? 🤷‍♂️
It is and never was "wide open" just to show up ant an airport or port and simply remain here.

If a refugee successfully claims asylum here then they are entitled to remain (genuine cases) and setting up native Irish up against people fleeing war zones is just lazy dog whistle talk out of the right-wing playbook.

I do understand that S.F. have to try and claim back some of the right-wing anti-immigrant space etc but what you are claiming is just incorrect.

The S.F. "Ourselves alone" mantra barely made any sense 100 years ago never mind right now.

1674826752841.png
1674826763321.png
1674826774807.png

SF says it will not table a no confidence motion in Paschal Donohoe next week and it hopes that SIPO’s process will conclude “speedily” after which the issue can be discussed in the Dáil again.

I wonder why they changed their minds? :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

This post is complete horseshit. Especially the last sentence which borders on right wing extremism.
I would have expected better to be honest. Perhaps you could explain what exactly you mean by “our own people?”

And it’s a rhetorical question. No need for a lengthy response about the whole “already here,” horseshit.

SF says it will not table a no confidence motion in Paschal Donohoe next week and it hopes that SIPO’s process will conclude “speedily” after which the issue can be discussed in the Dáil again.

I wonder why they changed their minds? :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Did anyone here Moan O Broin on Morning Ireland at around 7:15 this morning.

The presenter did a nice job on him.

Did anyone here Moan O Broin on Morning Ireland at around 7:15 this morning.

The presenter did a nice job on him.
Rachel English utterly demolished him and he was not expecting that defenestration at that hour of the morning.

I do hope Moan O'Broins day got better after that...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼