Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I don’t buy the first paragraph at all, they were hardly all time greats in 2018 when we almost had them bate in the semi final. That was the day our paths diverged

But Pat does need time, it coukd take 3 years to get us up to speed but we’ll get there
That same group of players have being hammering us by 8-16 points a game since when not matters. Along with winning all the all irelands.

The idea that we had an equivalent level of talent in 2018 just because we ran them close in their breakout year is fanciful to say the least.

Utter delusional shite.

We might not have the very best players in the country but same could be said of KK last year and they still made Final and put it right up to Limerick on the day. Limerick will run out of gas/hunger/drive in 2023, 2024 and any one of five or six counties could be next on the roll of honour. Believe!

We might not have the very best players in the country but same could be said of KK last year and they still made Final and put it right up to Limerick on the day. Limerick will run out of gas/hunger/drive in 2023, 2024 and any one of five or six counties could be next on the roll of honour. Believe!
Fair point but Kilkenny are far better than us when it comes to workrate and physicality.

Darragh and Coleman ‘havent kicked on’ since 2017 😂 ah here… Mark is a wizard - he’s done phenomenal stuff over the last few years, not his fault he was asked to do something that so clearly did not suit his strengths the last couple of seasons

Both of the lads have more hurling in their baby fingers than WOD… wod will barely hit a point in a club game, he’s just a (very effective) ‘tackler’ in a phenomenally dominant team
I expected Fitz and Coleman to be two of the best in the game when they burst onto the scene.

To me there’s only one certain starter and that’s Ciaran Joyce, he’s the only guy you can say for certain you know what you will get from him and you also know that will be good enough. Fitzy, Sean, Robbie and Tim would be the only other guys I would say would be pencilled in at this stage too, that’s 10 positions up for grabs and there’s probably 2 dozen capable of starting. That’s both a positive and a negative. I don’t get this love in with Jack O Connor at all, he’s not what you would call a Pat Ryan prototype player but he would offer something completely different with 20 minutes to go
Ah you do - stop pretending you don’t, you were alive in 2021 after all.

Well said

There hasn't been a ball struck yet any county yet this year in league or championship and so many on here dismissing any chance of success for Cork.

Sport is constantly evolving and if there was no uncertainty then there would be no point.

I have no idea what the season will bring for Cork or any other county but I would not dismiss any of the hurling counties so early in the year.

I am not making any predictions for the year but if this forum had been in existence in 1998/99 it would have been interesting to see the comments and the opinions of the different players involved at that time.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼