The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

Of course you can. Why not?

Great pint of Guinness in there. Good cocktail menu.

It's lovely at this time of year too.

I've never set foot in the place, the walk up looks very daunting. Have drank in the Horseshoe Bar of the Shelbourne Hotel plenty of times but that's very casual despite being a 5* hotel.

Neven Maguire also visited Hayfield Manor on his show and did a duck dish. The head chef is from Wales but lives in Mallow or somewhere

I've never set foot in the place, the walk up looks very daunting. Have drank in the Horseshoe Bar of the Shelbourne Hotel plenty of times but that's very casual despite being a 5* hotel.

I wouldn't let it bother me, MoE. Walk straight in and order a pint.

To be fair - I normally arrive there in a taxi after dinner elsewhere but I've rocked up to the bar in Levis, a flannel shirt and boots - my money is as good as anyone else's - nobody bats an eyelid.

The staff are fantastic in there too - one of the older barmen pours a stout...

Sweet. Jesus.

The Horseshoe Bar is lovely. Best spot for a pint in The Shelbourne.

Can you go the Hayfield Manor bar for a pint??

The Imperial bar doesn't even look to be open anymore. I pass every night and while the lights are on and the Christmas Tree is up, it's always closed.
The Imperial bar has reopened under a new name I just saw. The last one looked like it had savage food but it seems to have been changed. I'd imagine it was under renovation. I'm open to correction though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼