Cyclists

Why would I have a problem with facial recognition? It will help catch criminals, help locate missing people, who would have a problem with that? Oh yeah people like you that are happy to break the law and want to go undetected. Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear from facial recognition technology.

Goes back to my point. Most people don't have an issue catching criminals, but they don't want to turn Ireland into a police state in order to do so. Id wager you are in a minority here.

Why would I have a problem with facial recognition? It will help catch criminals, help locate missing people, who would have a problem with that? Oh yeah people like you that are happy to break the law and want to go undetected. Law abiding citizens have nothing to fear from facial recognition technology.
Facial recognition to catch cyclists going through red lights?

You're some spoofer. 🥳

Goes back to my point. Most people don't have an issue catching criminals, but they don't want to turn Ireland into a police state in order to do so. Id wager you are in a minority here.
Most people wouldn't have a issue with the Gardai using every possible method to catch criminals. At the the risk of repeating myself, the only ones that fear or have issues with facial recognition are those that break the law.

And again, The Police were wrong, were they ??

That question was not posed to you Wank that was for Rox, but of course as a crotch cam enthusiastic like yourself, can you take your mind off that image for a minute and read what that Police Officer said in his reply View attachment 17135

I see you cropped out the piece where they said that the officers were wrong on what they said?

Spoofer alert!

I was well aware of bike-sharing schemes around the world that has a QR code on a bike, that one can use via your phone and an app to unlock said bike. I know this because I've used them countless times on the continent.

That is a very different thing to having hundreds of thousands of cameras on roads to catch cyclists breaking the law.

People are conflating two different things.

You tried to claim that there'd be no way of identifying individual bicycles cycled at speeds of 20 to 30kmph. Nobody (other than you obviously) suggested an identifying mark as small as a stamp, but this QR code which individually identifies each bicycle would certainly suffice. And again you try to move the goal posts and suggest hundreds of thousands of cameras on roads to catch cyclists breaking the law. What's been suggested is the technology the gardai use to identify up to 6 cars per second travelling at much faster speeds could be utilised to catch and prosecute cyclists who don't obey the ROTR. Just as with motorists, cyclists that follow the ROTR would have nothing to fear.
You seemed chuffed that the technology was being used against motorists, but now it's shown that it could be used against errant cyclists if such QR codes were used, you don't seem happy. Funny that.

Reading that PDF, it is an entirely theoretical exercise.

There is no mention of field tests or any real-world testing
The tax disc is about 3x3 inches in size, much too big to put on a bicycle.
Bicycles don't have windshields.
The research is purely a thought exercise on how it could be done in theory, that's it.

Again, i'll repeat. Is there ANY jurisdiction in the world that uses QR codes on cars to check for taxes, insurance, speeding, etc....?

Any?

You are not going to answer that question because we know the answer. No there is not.

You've already claimed you've actually used such a QR system. There's even a phot of one of those QR cards suspended under the saddle been posted here.

Just how hard are you going to try avoid seeing that a QR card unique identifier is practical? Seems you'd do or say anything to stop errant cyclists being prosecuted for disobeying the Rules of the Road.

mayobike.jpg

At least it doesn't say Mayo for Sam :ROFLMAO:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Dirty Circus
The Pav, Careys Lane

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼