Official World Cup 2022 Thread

N'kunku is out of France squad after an injury in training.
F N'unk that.......

Beer is out at the World Cup.

After all that (alcoholic) beer will now not be sold inside the perimeter at all eight of Qatar’s World Cup stadiums.

Big about-face means FIFA now faces contractual nightmare with Budweiser.

Send for the lawyers...................

F N'unk that.......

After all that (alcoholic) beer will now not be sold inside the perimeter at all eight of Qatar’s World Cup stadiums.

shit beer anyway

Joke aside, pressuring just a few days before KO...they knew FIFA would cave in...wouldn't be surprised if there's also a change of attitude with the LGBT too...

FhJeLiGX0AYq87w

F N'unk that.......

This is going to be very bad for FIFA, you don't fuck over your major sponsors.

Anyone remember this?

tbh, I think there is an element of racism or something similar in the western media's attitude to Qatar. Russia is also completely homophobic, treats migrant workers like shit, restricts foreign media, is fairly shit at football (good USSR teams were mostly Ukrainians) etc. but the objecting voices were much more muted beforehand in 2018.

Booze was available in stadia & fan zones in 2018, as far as I recall.

Yes, there's a heavy homophobic sentiment in Russia - but living a gay life isn't illegal.

Anyone remember this?

tbh, I think there is an element of racism or something similar in the western media's attitude to Qatar. Russia is also completely homophobic, treats migrant workers like shit, restricts foreign media, is fairly shit at football (good USSR teams were mostly Ukrainians) etc. but the objecting voices were much more muted beforehand in 2018.
Sorry for offending you , how long have you been in Qatar? Come home the Economy is flying.

Booze was available in stadia & fan zones in 2018, as far as I recall.

Yes, there's a heavy homophobic sentiment in Russia - but living a gay life isn't illegal.
Oh I see, because one repressive dictatorship regime has slightly more in common with modern Western values than another repressive dictator's regime, that makes it more ok?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

11th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼