Official World Cup 2022 Thread

The Netflix doc about FIFA is very good, the money being passed around is frightening. And of the course the French were up to their eyeballs in voting for Qatar. You can almost understand the poorer lesser footballing nations taking bungs for votes but not France.

Last edited:
The Netflix doc about FIFA is very good, the money being passed around is frightening. And of the course the French were up to their eyeballs in voting for Qatar.

Dunno if this has been posted previously.

So basically Sarkozy forced Platini to vote for Qatar and in return Qatar buy $14bn worth of fighter planes from France.

Good deal for France tbf.

Dunno if this has been posted previously.

So basically Sarkozy forced Platini to vote for Qatar and in return Qatar buy $14bn worth of fighter planes from France.

Good deal for France tbf.
i'm surprised this comes as surprise to many, this made the headlines of plenty reputable papers years ago, Le Monde ran a huge story about it...and it got picked up by the BBC, the Guardian etc, there's a current investigation about it, started in 2019...

And part of the deal was that Qatar would also buy PSG....which was Sarkozy's favorite club

It is hard to separate them though as it is being corruptly held in a tiny oppressive state in the middle of winter.

There is not even great advertising for this, no big corporations swamping the place with adverts, no big build up, no momentum and little interest.

We have all been robbed and many unfortunates have lost their lives for this complete sham and a faux atmosphere with paid actors bussed in from camps to "support" teams.

Watching all the world cup games in the summer holidays for weeks on end is a right of passage for young teens.

F.I.F.A. just grabbed the $$$

yep! i can remember being up with my dad around 2.00 in the morning and korea being 2-0 down to spain at usa 94 and then heading off to bed around 4.00 after witnessing a massive comeback and a 2-2 draw. hilarious 😂😂😂

no chance i’ll finish work early to head home to check out any of this shit with my young lads.

The Netflix doc about FIFA is very good, the money being passed around is frightening. And of the course the French were up to their eyeballs in voting for Qatar. You can almost understand the poorer lesser footballing nations taking bungs for votes but not France.
yeah, watched that last friday and didn’t think i’d get much from it. turns out there were a few nuggets i’d missed.

chuck blazer though 😂😂😂

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Punk Rock Factory
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼