Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I see tipp have announced their panel for the national league, any chance of cork following suit or will the actual panel be guarded like the third secret of Fatima as hitherto
Whats the point of announcing a "pre league" panel, besides pure noseyness? There's 48 lads on Pat Ryan's panel at the moment doing gym work.

Whats the point of announcing a "pre league" panel, besides pure noseyness? There's 48 lads on Pat Ryan's panel at the moment doing gym work.
Exactly noseyness, for some conversation and interest instead of the nonsense we get here with x or y being on the panel.
I am referring to a league panel, most counties do it out of respect for supporters as do nearly every sports team across all codes, cork however don’t seem to ever do it which is a pity

I note that little messer from Moycarkey B who created all the fuss after the Munster u20 final 2020 is in the Senior Squad . He was on the bench that night so he has come a distance.

Limatlast.
I don't think it is age that catches up with players usually but miles on the clock. Players focus changes over time as I have said before. I have been told that a couple of players are considering doing some travelling in 2023 but that may be completely untrue.
However, it is difficult for any group of players to stay completely focused and enthusiastic over a prolonged period.
These lads have already given a substantial part of their youth to Limerick hurling.

This is true of all teams, the challenge gets greater as the years go by and the pack starts nipping at your heels.
Giving youth a chance in the league makes sense from every point of view for Limerick.

I think 2022 was more competitive than 2021 and I think next year will be more difficult again for every team.
Hard to argue with any of that, certainly the miles on the clock plus the medals in pockets could make limerick more vulnerable. it's easy to say they want more are still hungry etc it's when the heat comes on only then will those questions be answered.
Kilkenny did it so it can be done they seem very focused and determined plus we have casey and lynch to come back next yr.
But yes time will tell, if the hunger is there they'll be hard stopped next yr.
BTW I heard Tom Morrissey might be travelling he's the only one I heard of but of course there might be more

Hard to argue with any of that, certainly the miles on the clock plus the medals in pockets could make limerick more vulnerable. it's easy to say they want more are still hungry etc it's when the heat comes on only then will those questions be answered.

Kilkenny did it so it can be done they seem very focused and determined plus we have casey and lynch to come back next yr.

But yes time will tell, if the hunger is there they'll be hard stopped next yr.

BTW I heard Tom Morrissey might be travelling he's the only one I heard of but of course there might be more

That is who I heard as well and DDan was mentioned also.

Thinking about going abroad for some months and actually doing it are very different things.

I expect each player will feel a personal pressure not to be the one who may be seen as showing the first chinks of slippage in the group.

Competition for places will guard against complacency for limerick similar to the great Dublin and Kilkenny teams. Kiely’s pick will be stronger next year with the returning players.

With Cian Lynch back it will mean Kyle Hayes going back to 7 and probably Dan Morrissey dropping to bench.

Their bench will be stacked with the likes of Richie English, Dan Morrissey, Cathal O Neill, David Reidy, Adam English, Peter Casey, Boylan and Colin Coughlan

Competition for places will guard against complacency for limerick similar to the great Dublin and Kilkenny teams. Kiely’s pick will be stronger next year with the returning players.

With Cian Lynch back it will mean Kyle Hayes going back to 7 and probably Dan Morrissey dropping to bench.

Their bench will be stacked with the likes of Richie English, Dan Morrissey, Cathal O Neill, David Reidy, Adam English, Peter Casey, Boylan and Colin Coughlan
Some bench alright.
Would expect Casey to start though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼