2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Na you never claimed they should be playing with Bishopstown or that they all went to school in Bishopstown thus giving them some claim on those players 🤣

You’re right, you didn’t mention Ronan Curran, I mixed him up with Mick Slocum and I’ve explained away your questioning him in this reply

I don’t know enough about Mark Healy except that he lived in Bishopstown but played for the Barrs

As I said above I forgot Slocum, who in his prime could kick the ball from his house to the Barrs 😀

If we Win, lose or draw next weekend won’t change me calling out your bs and boy you are full of it
🤔
You got it right finally on things I haven't claimed. All I've maintained is that they lived in Bishopstown catchment area when they joined Barrs.
Surprising that with your encyclopedic knowledge you mixed up Curran and Slocum and know very little about Healy.😏
Slocum lived in Wilton afaic.
Facts are stubborn things!

You’re not here a wet week (literally) and you’re dishing out advice on you’re second post ever? 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry if I touched a nerve with my norrie lines but unlike you most norries on here can take a joke, I’d say you’re great craic on a night out

And as for true blues, are you on the wum? Seriously like 🤣🤣🤣
Red&Blue, sorry I didn't realise I had to be posting every second minute to have an opinion. They're looking for new pundits on the Sunday Game to replace Spillane, O'Rourke and McStay- heard a criteria to qualify for the position is obsessive posting on the PROC forum!!! You should send in an application

🤔
Don't see why R&B. Not, and have never been a Bishopstown fan. Knew a few gowlbags there in the past. Very conservative minds.
Btw I forgot to mention Mick Slocum, Wilton. Three of the four players I've mentioned went to CSN. Mark Healy was a boarder in Ballyvourney afaik.
I wo
Florrie that lived in Glendale? In the middle of Barrs country and a Ger Cunningham puck of the ball from the club? 😀😀😀
Worked around the Lough/Glasheen/Wilton area about 15 years back, I was told Cunningham was from a house across the road from Earlwood/Brookfield Park by Healy's shop (hardly a pucand Slocum was from Summerstown (couldn't get much closer to the Barrs).

Florrie that lived in Glendale? In the middle of Barrs country and a Ger Cunningham puck of the ball from the club? 😀😀😀
Worked around the Lough/Glasheen/Wilton area about 15 years back, I was told Cunningham was from a house across the road from Earlwood/Brookfield Park by Healy's shop (hardly a puc from the club if I was told correctly). Slocum was from Summerstown off Glasheen Road (couldn't get much closer to the Barrs).

Throw up a list of these players that were regularly poached by the big three clubs, oh Cork GAA sage. Take your time.
Might not be all the 3 big clubs but a few over the years off hand
John Paul O'Neill (Newmarket to Nemo)
Mick Daly (Cobh to Nemo)
Aidan O'Reilly (Carrigtwohill to Nemo)
Chris O'Donovan (Valley Rvs to Bishopstown)
Paul O'Flynn (Ballyclough to Bishopstown)
Brian O'Driscoll (Caheragh to Bishopstown hurling)
Murrays (Cloughduv to Barrs)

🤔
You got it right finally on things I haven't claimed. All I've maintained is that they lived in Bishopstown catchment area when they joined Barrs.
Surprising that with your encyclopedic knowledge you mixed up Curran and Slocum and know very little about Healy.😏
Slocum lived in Wilton afaic.
Facts are stubborn things!
Once I mixed up Slocum and Curran in the conversation and rectified it straight away. See im good that way 🤣

Both lived within a puck of the ball from each other. Slocum did live in Wilton, in summerstown to be specific, which was, is and always will be Barrs catchment area. Interestingly that’s where Johnny Crowley lives too but you don’t hear me banging on about why he should have played for the Barrs, or John Egan who lived right in the heart of Togher.

I don’t think you understand how the gaa works as regards who you want to play with

Facts are really troubling things, especially when they strip your argument to pieces, now stop digging and let it go 🤣

Last edited:
Once I mixed up Slocum and Curran in the conversation and rectified it straight away. See im good that way 🤣

Both lived within a puck of the ball from each other. Slocum did live in Wilton, in summerstown to be specific, which was, is and always will be Barrs catchment area. Interestingly that’s where Johnny Crowley lives too but you don’t hear me banging on about why he should have played for the Barrs, or John Egan who lived right in the heart of Togher.

I don’t think you understand how the gaa works as regards who you want to play with

Facts are really troubling things, especially when they strip your argument to pieces, now stop digging and let it go 🤣
🤔
Glasheen/Summerstown used to be a "no mans land" between Barrs and Bishopstown in the 1970/80s. Maybe that's changed since then, I honestly don't know.
Johnny Crowley lived with his family in Wilton Gardens around the corner from JBM in Laburnum Lawn. The former chose Bishopstown the latter chose Barrs.
I would like to state clearly and unequivocally that I have never agreed with the parish rule. It's an amateur game and young players should be free to go to the club of their choice. The Barrs players from the Bishopstown area probably knew that the Barrs were a better club when they joined. I've no axe to grind over this. Fair play to them for showing ambition and enduring possible "fallout" from Bishopstown people.
These are my thoughts on the matter which I don't think need expressing with any further clarity.😉

Last edited:
Might not be all the 3 big clubs but a few over the years off hand
John Paul O'Neill (Newmarket to Nemo)
Mick Daly (Cobh to Nemo)
Aidan O'Reilly (Carrigtwohill to Nemo)
Chris O'Donovan (Valley Rvs to Bishopstown)
Paul O'Flynn (Ballyclough to Bishopstown)
Brian O'Driscoll (Caheragh to Bishopstown hurling)
Murrays (Cloughduv to Barrs)
🤔
Someone once told me that Delaneys were furious when Dermot McCurtain went to play with Blackrock. His family moved to very near Rockies pitch afaik.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kenny Live!

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼