2022 Premier Senior Hurling

My arrogance extended to believing we would win it. Big deal. I did once tell OTT that I would get him tickets to the final but nobody engages seriously with that young man.
I too believed we would win the county, not once did I share that thought on here before we did because that would be arrogant and disrespectful

Might not be all the 3 big clubs but a few over the years off hand
John Paul O'Neill (Newmarket to Nemo)
Mick Daly (Cobh to Nemo)
Aidan O'Reilly (Carrigtwohill to Nemo)
Chris O'Donovan (Valley Rvs to Bishopstown)
Paul O'Flynn (Ballyclough to Bishopstown)
Brian O'Driscoll (Caheragh to Bishopstown hurling)
Murrays (Cloughduv to Barrs)
😂😂😂

If you read my post properly you would see the only mention of Ger Cunningham was that Mick Slocums house was a Ger Cunningham puck of the ball from the Barrs.

But please tell me you’re not questioning Gers “Barrsness” ? 🤣
R&B, no, I'm not questioning Cunningham's "Barrsness" as you put it. Despite the Barrs pitch being in Togher, I always would have considered the Barrs more a Lough/Glasheen based club. Togher itself alway stuck me more of a soccer area. Speaking of Cunningham, it's a fright to god he hasn't received enough of credit for such an outstanding job he has done considering the place the Barrs were at when he took over. He was without question the greatest keeper Cork ever had. He has now proved that he has similar qualities as a manager. Ger Cunningham and John Allen are probably two of the soundest hurling men around to be fair to them. Also, Brian Cunningham was fierce unlucky not to get more of a run with Cork during the early 90's. It'll be a good gauge of how good the Barrs are when they play Ballyea.

R&B, no, I'm not questioning Cunningham's "Barrsness" as you put it. Despite the Barrs pitch being in Togher, I always would have considered the Barrs more a Lough/Glasheen based club. Togher itself alway stuck me more of a soccer area. Speaking of Cunningham, it's a fright to god he hasn't received enough of credit for such an outstanding job he has done considering the place the Barrs were at when he took over. He was without question the greatest keeper Cork ever had. He has now proved that he has similar qualities as a manager. Ger Cunningham and John Allen are probably two of the soundest hurling men around to be fair to them. Also, Brian Cunningham was fierce unlucky not to get more of a run with Cork during the early 90's. It'll be a good gauge of how good the Barrs are when they play Ballyea.
Ger has done a brilliant job and he was the right man in the right place at the right time, when he took over late last year we were a team with potential but were held back by too much overplaying the ball and an over reliance of very talented youngsters who weren’t quite ready to lead the team. They have matured massively this year and Get knows those youngsters inside out since they were young kids so he knew how to get the best out of them. He also had us playing a more attacking style which siuits these players and we reaped the benefits big time

Cork hurling on the up alright, hopefully some good years ahead. PR a super sound guy so would love to see him succeed.
On PROC I've decided I'm going to take my mothers advice "Even if you have nothing nice to say at least say it nicely". Always enjoyed that spin on an old saying 😀.

Way up there with "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it" :ROFLMAO:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

DJ Roscoe

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼