2022 Premier Senior Hurling

šŸ¤”
Glasheen/Summerstown used to be a "no mans land" between Barrs and Bishopstown in the 1970/80s. Maybe that's changed since then, I honestly don't know.
Johnny Crowley lived with his family in Wilton Gardens around the corner from JBM in Laburnum Lawn. The former chose Bishopstown the latter chose Barrs.
I would like to state clearly and unequivocally that I have never agreed with the parish rule. It's an amateur game and young players should be free to go to the club of their choice. The Barrs players from the Bishopstown area probably knew that the Barrs were a better club when they joined. I've no axe to grind over this. Fair play to them for showing ambition and enduring possible "fallout" from Bishopstown people.
These are my thoughts on the matter which I don't think need expressing with any further clarity.šŸ˜‰
Glasheen/Summerstown was never ā€œno manā€™s landā€ but that was the argument Bishopstown stick to in the Florrie O Brien saga to their eternal shame

Johnny did live in Laburnam Lawn, when he got married he moved to Summerstown, his son played with Bishopstown, no big deal in that

Jimmy didnā€™t choose the Barrs, he was born into the place but sure if you knew anything about him you would have known that

If you have no axe to grind why bring it up? And why keep digging a hole when you were given facts?

Give us all a break and let it go man

Worked around the Lough/Glasheen/Wilton area about 15 years back, I was told Cunningham was from a house across the road from Earlwood/Brookfield Park by Healy's shop (hardly a puc from the club if I was told correctly). Slocum was from Summerstown off Glasheen Road (couldn't get much closer to the Barrs).
If you read my post properly you would see the only mention of Ger Cunningham was that Mick Slocums house was a Ger Cunningham puck of the ball from the Barrs.

But please tell me youā€™re not questioning Gers ā€œBarrsnessā€ ? šŸ¤£

Glasheen/Summerstown was never ā€œno manā€™s landā€ but that was the argument Bishopstown stick to in the Florrie O Brien saga to their eternal shame

Johnny did live in Laburnam Lawn, when he got married he moved to Summerstown, his son played with Bishopstown, no big deal in that

Jimmy didnā€™t choose the Barrs, he was born into the place but sure if you knew anything about him you would have known that

If you have no axe to grind why bring it up? And why keep digging a hole when you were given facts?

Give us all a break and let it go man
šŸ¤”
Back then specific Barrs territory finished with Clashduv. Could be different now.
Johnny lived in Wilton Gardens not Laburnum Lawn. Jimmy could have chosen who he wanted but went with family ties as did Johnny's son.
I was just stating where certain Barrs players came from which I'm perfectly entitled to do without being accused of shite.
It's only because of your last post that I've posted this so you should follow your own advice!

šŸ¤”
Back then specific Barrs territory finished with Clashduv. Could be different now.
Johnny lived in Wilton Gardens not Laburnum Lawn. Jimmy could have chosen who he wanted but went with family ties as did Johnny's son.
I was just stating where certain Barrs players came from which I'm perfectly entitled to do without being accused of shite.
It's only because of your last post that I've posted this so you should follow your own advice!
But why post it at all so?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼