2022 Premier Senior Hurling

red&blue

I replied to a post by bluesball because he singled out the Cahalane's as certain starters on next year's Cork senior team. I disagreed and have every right to do so on the forum. He doesn't seem to be as concerned about it as you, tough! Rebelsforsam1 highlighted DC's commitment and service which I had never questioned. Both you and I among others have stated the same criticism regarding Mark Coleman that he can't defend but that's okay with you because he's not a 'Barrs player.

I stated a year and a half back I'd give Ben Cunningham a year of development at U-20 level before playing him and you lost it on here regarding that comment. He was named as a sub, came on repeatedly and did well. He started on the team this year and was poor. I look forward to seeing him playing U-20 with Cork in 2023 but believe he's a good distance from making it at senior inter-county. Like Damien, Conor and Mark there was no personal remarks made by me towards Ben but you made a mountain out of a molehill because of your 'Barrs at all cost mentality.

Ben O Connor has meant to of signed a Munster contract already,even tho its not to be made public until after the leaving.Thats the word from a guy I know inside Munster academy

I heard nothing regarding contracts but was told by a staunch ' Barrs man over a year ago after Cork minors had just won the AI that a decision on his future sporting career would not be taken until after he completed his Leaving Cert.

My own opinion is that he will go to Rugby and I believe if he has 2 county senior medals in his back pocket it will only accelerate that process.

I would love to see him choose hurling.

red&blue

I replied to a post by bluesball because he singled out the Cahalane's as certain starters on next year's Cork senior team. I disagreed and have every right to do so on the forum. He doesn't seem to be as concerned about it as you, tough! Rebelsforsam1 highlighted DC's commitment and service which I had never questioned. Both you and I among others have stated the same criticism regarding Mark Coleman that he can't defend but that's okay with you because he's not a 'Barrs player.

I stated a year and a half back I'd give Ben Cunningham a year of development at U-20 level before playing him and you lost it on here regarding that comment. He was named as a sub, came on repeatedly and did well. He started on the team this year and was poor. I look forward to seeing him playing U-20 with Cork in 2023 but believe he's a good distance from making it at senior inter-county. Like Damien, Conor and Mark there was no personal remarks made by me towards Ben but you made a mountain out of a molehill because of your 'Barrs at all cost mentality.
There’s being critical about a players ability or lack of it and there’s having a go off a player, you consistently cross that line with Damien saying he’s not an inter county player when he actually has been for a decade, give him the respect he’s earned or shut the fcuk up about it.

As regards Ben, you made a right twat of yourself there and he has proven you wrong on so many occasions, not that he needed to as he has been producing the goods consistently for a long time before you had a go

For the good of the thread I’m done trying to reason with you but I won’t be standing idly by if you act the gowl again either

Last edited:
red&blue

The respect he's earned is based on commitment and service which I have acknowledged repeatedly. You imagine it's far more than that because of your club bias but I do not and won't be changing my mind.

You maintain Ben has proven me wrong numerous times when one year he did good as a sub and the other he failed to perform as a starter and was taken off, nice one but again shows you up only for your 'Barrs bias.

In other words get him away from the barrs as fast as possible,

Absolutely not. Getting him away from the barrs would mean getting him away from Cork intercounty team jimmy. You should try see the bigger picture rather than your continued navel gazing, weird whatsapp groups, and facebooking.

I did read your congratulations and I’ll thank you for that

You are constantly criticising Damien and it’s tiresome, if he’s picked for the panel next year he will have my full support, just like any other player from any other club will, but you only want to score points when discussing Damien. You were the same with Ben C who you were eagerly waiting to fail so you could come on here and show how much of a knowledgeable hurling man you are, you’re still waiting and will be for a long time on that one 😀

Just give it a rest, we all know you don’t like Damien, you’re entitled to your own opinion but don’t be denigrating a guy who has given 10 years totally committed service to the Cork seniors
R&B a lot of the criticism towards Cahalane comes from his days at full back, he's not a full back where he got right exposed. To be fair to him but he is a very decent half back, a well worth a place on the Cork panel. The only thing I would say against him is he loses his discipline at crucial stages of game, this has proved very costly. I think Conor Cahalane if he went down the football route would be a major addition to the footballers.

I will tell you one thing that is tiresome, is you on about norries, you do realise your captain is a norrie even though us norries are fairly dopey. Funny how Barrs boys are all true blues even ye have had endless players from outside the area. Aren't Shields are Curran Bishopstown boys, the Murrays, well they were born and reared around the Lough as was Buggy!!!! True blues my ar*s

R&B a lot of the criticism towards Cahalane comes from his days at full back, he's not a full back where he got right exposed. To be fair to him but he is a very decent half back, a well worth a place on the Cork panel. The only thing I would say against him is he loses his discipline at crucial stages of game, this has proved very costly. I think Conor Cahalane if he went down the football route would be a major addition to the footballers.

I will tell you one thing that is tiresome, is you on about norries, you do realise your captain is a norrie even though us norries are fairly dopey. Funny how Barrs boys are all true blues even ye have had endless players from outside the area. Aren't Shields are Curran Bishopstown boys, the Murrays, well they were born and reared around the Lough as was Buggy!!!! True blues my ar*s
You’re not here a wet week (literally) and you’re dishing out advice on you’re second post ever? 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry if I touched a nerve with my norrie lines but unlike you most norries on here can take a joke, I’d say you’re great craic on a night out

And as for true blues, are you on the wum? Seriously like 🤣🤣🤣

Read a comment from Cahalane re batting the ball into the net, He name checked Donal o grady, In his book Brian
corcoran said O grady put great store in this in one on one situations

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Outsound,oghma, Even Angels, Shadows Calling

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼