2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Read a comment from Cahalane re batting the ball into the net, He name checked Donal o grady, In his book Brian
corcoran said O grady put great store in this in one on one situations
Can't be hooked, more controlled than kicking. Also if you are going to strike off left or right you have to veer to one side allowing goalie to narrow the angle, if batting you can head straight for goal. Grady is seriously smart.

Last edited:
R&B a lot of the criticism towards Cahalane comes from his days at full back, he's not a full back where he got right exposed. To be fair to him but he is a very decent half back, a well worth a place on the Cork panel. The only thing I would say against him is he loses his discipline at crucial stages of game, this has proved very costly. I think Conor Cahalane if he went down the football route would be a major addition to the footballers.

I will tell you one thing that is tiresome, is you on about norries, you do realise your captain is a norrie even though us norries are fairly dopey. Funny how Barrs boys are all true blues even ye have had endless players from outside the area. Aren't Shields are Curran Bishopstown boys, the Murrays, well they were born and reared around the Lough as was Buggy!!!! True blues my ar*s

Seem to remember the Shields family spending years living on the northside too, way back when. It's how I got to know Mary Shields - very nice lady it must be said.

R&B a lot of the criticism towards Cahalane comes from his days at full back, he's not a full back where he got right exposed. To be fair to him but he is a very decent half back, a well worth a place on the Cork panel. The only thing I would say against him is he loses his discipline at crucial stages of game, this has proved very costly. I think Conor Cahalane if he went down the football route would be a major addition to the footballers.

I will tell you one thing that is tiresome, is you on about norries, you do realise your captain is a norrie even though us norries are fairly dopey. Funny how Barrs boys are all true blues even ye have had endless players from outside the area. Aren't Shields are Curran Bishopstown boys, the Murrays, well they were born and reared around the Lough as was Buggy!!!! True blues my ar*s
🤔
Add in Mark Healy, Bishopscourt and JBM, Laburnum Lawn.

And aren’t ye all forgetting Florence o Brien back in the day.

Just to keep ye happy all these lad walked into the Barrs and asked to play with us,
1.Jim Power Waterford
2 W Cashman Aghada
3. AN Other
4 J Blake Mallow
5 P Murray Cloghduv.
6 N Leonard Limerick
7 A N Other
8 K O Driscoll killavullen ?
9 A N Other
10 Thomas Maher Waterford
11 P Buggy Na Fianna
12 D Walsh Ballingeary (i think)
13 J Meyler Wexford
14 J Allen Arbollogue
!5 K Murray Cloghduv
Maybe R & B could fill in the blanks.

Just to keep ye happy all these lad walked into the Barrs and asked to play with us,
1.Jim Power Waterford
2 W Cashman Aghada
3. AN Other
4 J Blake Mallow
5 P Murray Cloghduv.
6 N Leonard Limerick
7 A N Other
8 K O Driscoll killavullen ?
9 A N Other
10 Thomas Maher Waterford
11 P Buggy Na Fianna
12 D Walsh Ballingeary (i think)