2022 Premier Senior Hurling

I think it will be Daire O Leary at full back.
He is only 20 years old and has played only a handful of senior games.
I don't think anyone could judge his performances at the highest level yet.
They'll definitely have another look at him alright.
Shane Barrett is another one I felt was thrown in at the deep end too early. Hope his confidence isn't knocked too much. Defo not one to be cast aside just yet

Jaysus - has jimmy renamed his house "The Loft"? :unsure:
Red and blue is in great physical shape, he has his garden shed converted into a gym, He has a punch bag covered in Glen rvs colours
to see him pound that bag for ten minutes flat after all the pints he has sank since sunday was incredible,

Red and blue is in great physical shape, he has his garden shed converted into a gym, He has a punch bag covered in Glen rvs colours
to see him pound that bag for ten minutes flat after all the pints he has sank since sunday was incredible,
He has a bit of an obsession alright.
Do you think he's in the closet jimmy?? 😀

You must be seething at the fact Damien has a richly deserved and earned Senior county medal 🤣 I’ve never seen such a sustained attack on a player by anyone over such a long period of time. Yet he keeps getting picked by every Cork manager for the last 10 years. But then you are not really the best judge of a player are you? Ben said to say hi 🤣 Take off the rose tinted glasses and you might see why. But till then, show the man some respect and give it a rest
You obviously didn't read my post where I congratulated all 'Barrs players, mentors and supporters for winning the County title.

You obviously are also happy with every Cork manager for the last 10 years but the vast majority of Cork hurling supporters obviously think differently and yet you can't understand why the previous management haven't gone with Damien's brother Conor as a mainstay on the Cork team, now there's a contradiction to say the least and you question my judgement of players.

When totally biased guys like you consider DC to be a top inter-county hurler based on commitment alone and keep stating it on here then the issue will never rest. You are the Fox Leary of the hurling forum, he only sees green & red and you only see blue and yellow, the game is far greater!

Lads - Rob Downey is still the most likely enforcer in our defense and by God we need at least one !! He has suffered from the really bad defensive set up Cork management have gone with over the past 2 years - I would never ever have played him at 3 because he can get turned and I know I will be shot for saying this but I would play Joyce at 5 Rob Downey at 6 and Eoin Downey at 7. I know people will say it’s nuts moving Joyce after him being the “find” of 2022 and holding the middle so well but it will take more than one man to make a defense and we must look at the best overall unit with players that can complement each other - Joyce will be able to use his pace and hurling ability much more at 5. Also has Downey ever got a real chance at 6 ? I don’t think he has and it is by a country mike his best position as the Glen have shown by moving brian Moylan out of there and playing Downey at 6. If anyone is in any doubt about Downey and what he can bring just look at the video of the Clare game where he caught a Clare player and literally threw him out of a ruck - Cork need an enforcer at 6 and Downey takes no shit.

I await the torrent of abuse now for suggesting moving Joyce 🤣🤣🤣
Well, I would prefer Joyce to be kept at center-back and build the rest of the half-back line around him. That said, I remember when John Gardiner was Cork's nailed-down center-back until Ronan Curran came along and Gardiner was moved to the wing to accommodate him. So I'll just wait and see.

Well, I would prefer Joyce to be kept at center-back and build the rest of the half-back line around him. That said, I remember when John Gardiner was Cork's nailed-down center-back until Ronan Curran came along and Gardiner was moved to the wing to accommodate him. So I'll just wait and see.
Vital to have players who can adapt, Remember the semi v clare in 2005 when John allen made a brave call and took curran off,
moved Gardiner to 6 and he completely dominated,

Ben O’ Connor and Ethan Twomey will be welcome additions to midfield. That’s where Cork have fallen in big games, as the present occupants Fitzgibbon,Meade and others couldn’t mix it with physically imposing Limerick men.Any clarification on Ben O’ Connor’s availability? Word is he signed for Munster rugby.Brian Hayes ( if he picks hurling) , Conor Cahalane and Ben Cunningham will add strength to the panel. The jury is out on DOL, as his recent performances leave many questions.. he is a better half back. Eoin Downey is going well, and could be a full back answer. Now… goalkeeper has it’s own separate thread on this forum, but Gavin Connolly has done well with Rockies!

Ben O’ Connor and Ethan Twomey will be welcome additions to midfield. That’s where Cork have fallen in big games, as the present occupants Fitzgibbon,Meade and others couldn’t mix it with physically imposing Limerick men.Any clarification on Ben O’ Connor’s availability? Word is he signed for Munster rugby.Brian Hayes ( if he picks hurling) , Conor Cahalane and Ben Cunningham will add strength to the panel. The jury is out on DOL, as his recent performances leave many questions.. he is a better half back. Eoin Downey is going well, and could be a full back answer. Now… goalkeeper has it’s own separate thread on this forum, but Gavin Connolly has done ,with Ethan Twomey center forward
Gavin Connolly, O’Donoghue, Eoin Downey, Rob Downey, Dol, Joyce, Coleman, Ben O’ Connor, Fitzgibbon, ROF, Twomey, Conor Cahalane, Kingston,Alan Connolly, Barrett/TOM . Am sure Ryan will go for youth and old stagers Harnedy, Lehane, Hoggy and DC on subs bench. Ben Cunningham and Brian Hayes (if available) to get tryouts in league.

RebelsforSam1

A big factor in Pat Ryan's selection is the style of hurling he adopts and with a direct style expected then Ethan Twomey and Ben O'Connor is a mid-field pairing for the future. However if Ben commits although he will get game time in the league I believe he is doing the Leaving Cert in 2023 and therefore may not be involved in early championship. A new mid-field maybe the way to go and I'd advocate a very different team with a direct style approach whereas others would differ.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Blues Jam (Players Welcome)

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼