Must.... Own....property....

Cheers, boss.

Still plenty of scope for it to go south, so keeping my feet on the ground until the keys are in my paw. Will be chuffed if we get it over the line as it's the house we want in the area we want to move to. Pray for Bunk.
And it's going south. Engieer's report landed the other day. At the end of every section - appears to be in a sound state of repair. Jawb, says I. In the summary - indications of subsidence or foundation failure. Not the jawb says I.

Need to get some more info from the engineer, obviously, but there's only so much he can tell me based on a visual inspection. Unless he thinks it's only minor and can be sorted easily (are any subsidence issues minor and easily sorted?) and the cost of the work knocked off the sale price, we'll be pulling out... we're probably pulling out. Shame, because we really liked the house.

And it's going south. Engieer's report landed the other day. At the end of every section - appears to be in a sound state of repair. Jawb, says I. In the summary - indications of subsidence or foundation failure. Not the jawb says I.

Need to get some more info from the engineer, obviously, but there's only so much he can tell me based on a visual inspection. Unless he thinks it's only minor and can be sorted easily (are any subsidence issues minor and easily sorted?) and the cost of the work knocked off the sale price, we'll be pulling out... we're probably pulling out. Shame, because we really liked the house.
Even a sniff of subsidence will have every insurer running for the hills. They won't touch you even if you offer not to have subsidence covered.

It's a kick in the balls but I'd say you need to cut your losses.

Even a sniff of subsidence will have every insurer running for the hills. They won't touch you even if you offer not to have subsidence covered.

It's a kick in the balls but I'd say you need to cut your losses.
That was our thinking too.

Followed up with the engineer, asked for a bit more info.

IT. WAS. A. TYPO. HE. OMITTED. THE. WORD. NO.

Equal parts hugely releived and annoyed. A very good thing we kept our powder dry and didn't pull out right away. Still on, m8s.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼