2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Denis Walsh B OSullivan,F Mccormack Cremin and Fenton should have been the midfield partnership from 1980 to 1987 as least.

You'd have had to drop Hartnet in 84 who minded his fellow clubman Fenton, and Jim Cashman from Midfield in 86 who I think might have gotten man of the match? :unsure:

I know we all frequently think that so-and-so would have been much better than yerman but it's kind of hard to pick holes in selection decisions on All Ireland Winning teams.

Wouldn't have seen enough of Cremin to be honest but Hartnet and Jim Cash were both great for Cork at inter-county imho

You'd have had to drop Hartnet in 84 who minded his fellow clubman Fenton, and Jim Cashman from Midfield in 86 who I think might have gotten man of the match? :unsure:

I know we all frequently think that so-and-so would have been much better than yerman but it's kind of hard to pick holes in selection decisions on All Ireland Winning teams.

Wouldn't have seen enough of Cremin to be honest but Hartnet and Jim Cash were both great for Cork at inter-county imho
Hartnett was like granite,

Denis Walsh B OSullivan,F Mccormack Cremin and Fenton should have been the midfield partnership from 1980 to 1987 as least.
As well as 84 & 86 done by Soundman thought it only fair to look at the losing teams of 82/83.
82 midfield: Tim Crowley & Tom Cashmsn
83 midfield: Fenton & Johnny Buckley
Clearly you can argue the toss over Johnny Buckley (another Glen v Barrs argument!) but the other three, no way. Cork blessed with some serious players in that era.
PS A Tim Crowley/Hartnett midfield p'ship would've been seriously scary!!

As well as 84 & 86 done by Soundman thought it only fair to look at the losing teams of 82/83.
82 midfield: Tim Crowley & Tom Cashmsn
83 midfield: Fenton & Johnny Buckley
Clearly you can argue the toss over Johnny Buckley (another Glen v Barrs argument!) but the other three, no way. Cork blessed with some serious players in that era.
PS A Tim Crowley/Hartnett midfield p'ship would've been seriously scary!!
I always say Brendan o sullivan was as hard as we have seen,

No one was ever as hard as Frank Cummins a man mountain.
100%. Was going to put in a line on my previous post that it would take both of the lads to stop Frank!! Did a bit of work with him when I was a kid, pre Health & Safety days. We were saucy boys from the Northside but man we were scared shitless of him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼