2022 Premier Senior Hurling

No one was ever as hard as Frank Cummins a man mountain.

Ray's brother Brendan(?) Cummins from the same club as Frank Cummins (no relation of FC's afaik) was a handy toy.

But for hard - I give you Gerry O'Sullivan. Even when the rockies were running a drag with the Glen and coasting home, there was nobody, not even Frank Cummins,
went within an @rses roar of Gerry Sul :cool:

100%. Was going to put in a line on my previous post that it would take both of the lads to stop Frank!! Did a bit of work with him when I was a kid, pre Health & Safety days. We were saucy boys from the Northside but man we were scared shitless of him.

Did you work on the demolition of the old Married Quarters with Frank? I wonder if I know you ;)

The Barrs Babes driving on on both fronts, fair fuckin play to them, two huge finals ahead for us now. Having a clear fortnight to the hurling final won’t help us, we’re not used to weekends off. Praying the injuries are not serious either. Worrying times for the Barrs Babes
Sounds like a club in turmoil alright 😂😂

Jerry was well past his best days i would say when Frank Cummins came on the scene, Jerry had some career for both club and county in both codes,never new Nicks won a senior munster championship in 1966

Jerry was well past his best days i would say when Frank Cummins came on the scene, Jerry had some career for both club and county in both codes,never new Nicks won a senior munster championship in 1966

Fairly sure Jerry would have come up against Frank Cummins a few times.

I think Jerry was on the Nicks team that won back to back Senior Football titles

Reminds me of the famous quote from Christy Ring after winning a Senior County Football and Senior County Hurling double in the 1950s:

"You wouldn't mind, but we didn't even have 15 good hurlers" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I saw Jerry play in the 76 county. He blew Frank out of it with a strong shoulder.... some old fella next to me roars "you cant beat the old stage hands". Feckit they were awesome years..... Croker in Sept and the park in October

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼