the official betting thread.

The raise on the turn , I don’t mind . She might be putting him on AK, AQ something like that and think she can represent hitting the flop/turn and steal the pot. When he calls she must know she’s losing the hand . Fair enough. It’s her rationale for calling off all her chips on the river that’s suspicious. She says she called as she thought he only had Ace high . That still beats her hand . Very strange
She min raised the turn and called his Allin.

Other than that, yeah I agree with you.

Main bet for me tonight is both to score (evens) at the Bernabeu. I would have been happy to take it WITH Courtois but there's the added bonus of him being out.

Osasuna are decent enough.

I just have spreadsheets (lol!) scraping data from fbRef for each club.

Each week I'll see who's pushing the boundaries of sustainability over short/medium/long term, weigh up ratings based on squad valuations from transfermarkt and take other factors into account like above.

As always, I'd have a keen eye for longshots as it's my comfort zone. In short, I suppose my method is to find (through data) who's "due a win/loss" and maybe under/overvalued by the market and back/oppose them.
I should have added to this that when the bigger clubs flag as possibly being worth opposing, I've decided to take the more conservative approach and get with their opponents scoring rather than having too much on them winning (it's so bloody hard to get the big clubs beaten in most leagues these days), hence the bts for PSG & Real. I also did it for Napoli this weekend so had a nice little hat trick there, though I know it won't always be so easy.

I'd also have much smaller stakes on an upset and outsider/fav HT/FT in these games.

Alright. Here's something to mull over across your lunchtime.

I've whipped up a version of the Elo model for the Premier League, using the rankings source below. Let's see how it goes this weekend.

I've kept the W/D/L percentages as per the international model for now (...even though the PL has a heavier weighting against away wins - 49%/28%/22%)

To make it a bit more practical let's start with a bank of 100 units and follow the staking plan below.

High: Over 25% - Back or Lay big (3 unit)
Medium: 10% to 25% - Back or Lay (2 unit)
Low: 5% to 10% - Back or Lay small (1 unit)
No bet: Under 5% - Ignore

Rules of thumb
1. If the model proposes both a back & a lay, place half stakes for each
2. If model proposes that there's a value angle in all 3 outcomes (e.g. back the home, lay the draw & away) aim to back the two outcomes with the highest % diff vs bookies, as long as the bets are consistent (e.g. don't back home win & draw)
3. For Lay bets, use the "back" odds plus 0.1, to roughly replicate the exchange margin (typically ranges from 0.05 to 0.2 but is most often 0.1)

With the criteria above it proposes bets on 17 outcomes across the 10 games. I'd be expecting a lot of variance on the "high" category.

I think I'll start with tracking two approaches:

A - Track the profits & losses for the approach above (17 bets this week, with stakes of 16.5 units)
B - Track the profits & losses if I only bet on the strongest recommended play in each game with full stakes (10 bets this week, with stakes of 21 units)

In this gameweek it worked out far better to back just the single best outcome in each game, which was above the threshold.

Variance could well bite on Approach B in future weeks, but it's got some early credit in the back if that does happen.

1664873246611.png

Gameweek 9
I corrected some manual errors I'd made on the initial stakes, to bring them into line with the staking plan above

1664873431238.png1664873438605.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼