Training Run Times

I’ve more than a few things wrong with me but, running wise, there are only two.

Hey Marky,
No doubt you have a crap enough time of it for the last while. What you have discovered in terms of the HR training may be exactly what you need. most importantly it allows you to keep running and as Terrier said the pace no doubt will improve as you get fitter and into new HR zones. The fact that you havent turned your back on running despite the obstacles (many would have) is a clear sign that you have a love for it. Hope it continues to improve.

One of the girls in the office with me had very similar in terms of the numbness in the foot. i will ask her if she has anything to share that might help.

I ran my 13th marathon in Tralee Sat morning and to my huge shock i hit a big PB.To be honest Dublin was my big target all year...I ran/joggged Dingle 3 weeks ago and i guess the milage is just in my legs as i was only tipping away since then...Running the 100k in June i reckon must have helped too....To make a short story long i finished in 3.45.20 and am absolutely buzzing with that.Its my first ever 3.40 something and to do it at 51 years of age is all the sweeter.....If i could hit similar or faster in Dublin next month id nearly retire from the long stuff....Recovery is starting to take longer each time

That's the job EarlY - congrats lad. Had you a higher overall pace or was it a case of a big second half? Dublin is coming at the right time for you - a week of easy, two weeks of steady running then a week of taper(y)

That's the job EarlY - congrats lad. Had you a higher overall pace or was it a case of a big second half? Dublin is coming at the right time for you - a week of easy, two weeks of steady running then a week of taper(y)
I ran the 2nd half 15 mins faster terrier....I may have been too easy 1st half but i wasnt really time watching....My main aim in entering,and i only did last week was to get another long run in before Dublin.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼