• Kilmurry

• Aghinagh

• St Mary's

• Tadhg MacCarthaighs

• Douglas

• Kilworth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Buttevant lost to Kilworth last year who have no regard for football and beat Charleville this year who are struggling to field football teams underage in recent years. It’s only about time they won North Cork considering their 5 year plan in place. Wouldn’t be getting carried away with them yet.

In in
Buttevant lost to Kilworth last year who have no regard for football and beat Charleville this year who are struggling to field football teams underage in recent years. It’s only about time they won North Cork considering their 5 year plan in place. Wouldn’t be getting carried away with them yet.
If Charleville played any bit of football at all they would have won this.

Their manager was also comparing themselves to Knocknagree and Iveleary saying they should be playing the likes of them after winning a poor Avandhu championship and then takes a swipe off a former manager for not picking a goalkeeper. Is this man for real it's no wonder a club with so much county potential has been underachieving seems to be rotton. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fall out again after those comments and I wouldn't have a iota about this club.

Their manager was also comparing themselves to Knocknagree and Iveleary saying they should be playing the likes of them after winning a poor Avandhu championship and then takes a swipe off a former manager for not picking a goalkeeper. Is this man for real it's no wonder a club with so much county potential has been underachieving seems to be rotton. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fall out again after those comments and I wouldn't have a iota about this club.
Joey loves the old digs. Giving Pat Spratt a dig like that and he from the same club. Just keep your mouth shut and enjoy what is a good day for Buttevent no matter how much sh*t they talk every year they won it and are out of a division that is full of hurling clubs that put together a football team just for championship second football teams.

Buttevant so impressive yesterday and the idea that charliville don’t care or don’t train is completely untrue. Game plan was well executed by Buttevant and were deserving winners. That last kick by Hanlon was special. Delighted for him. Went through a lot this year!!!

Buttevant so impressive yesterday and the idea that charliville don’t care or don’t train is completely untrue. Game plan was well executed by Buttevant and were deserving winners. That last kick by Hanlon was special. Delighted for him. Went through a lot this year!!!
Charleville played a senior hurling relegation final , north cork semi final & f north cork final in a week. If the board did their job correctly then the final would have been deferred for a week after the county deadline was extended. Charleville played 4 senior hurling matches & north cork semi final since 1st august. I presume relegation final took their attention last week so they prob. had no training session in football in weeks. I wasn’t at match but Buttevant obviously struggled against a hurling team.

As much as this may come across as salty or bitter or whatever this post is actually quite accurate. Football in Charleville and Kilworth would be an afterthought

To be fair he actually said he'd like buttevant to be like those clubs... who wouldn't

Charleville played a senior hurling relegation final , north cork semi final & f north cork final in a week. If the board did their job correctly then the final would have been deferred for a week after the county deadline was extended. Charleville played 4 senior hurling matches & north cork semi final since 1st august. I presume relegation final took their attention last week so they prob. had no training session in football in weeks. I wasn’t at match but Buttevant obviously struggled against a hurling team.
Very unfair on them really, there was no great panic in playing the final weekend just gone.
Buttevant could have had as many trainings this year than Kilworth and Charleville have had in the last 5 years combined

As much as this may come across as salty or bitter or whatever this post is actually quite accurate. Football in Charleville and Kilworth would be an afterthought
That is true to a degree. Both Kilworth and Charleville will always prioritise hurling. But Charleville have treated football quite seriously in the last 6 or 7 years. They have contested 4 finals, winning 2 of them in recent years. They have won 2 North Cork Under 21 Football titles and 1 Under 21 B football County in 2018. While them lads are playing high quality hurling for 75% of the season, they transition well back to football and are well able to play ball. They won the league the last 2 years also. And they brought in an outside football coach this year which also shows their intentions in football. Kilworth normally only focus on football once they are out of the hurling but them lads have won as many football underage titles as hurling titles. They would be competitive in any other division. As Buttevant's prime focus is football with some young Cork footballers on their side, you would consider them the "right" team to go up to Premier Junior next year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Niamh Bury

Old Oak, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼