2022 Premier Senior Hurling

And w

And why should he? We’ve done that for far too long for my liking. God knows how the championship will work out but clubs know now they can no longer bully us
Few weeks ago a fella said to me... cunningham wont progress he is too soft, I saw no evidence of that last sunday,

He g
Lads watchibg the stream. What was eoin Cadogan at. Giving jack cahalane cuddles and kisses at the sideline same with cunningham and various other instances. All the distractions with the TV limelight maybe I dont know but didnt seem to be concentrating on game which rubbed off on his performance imo.
He gave Jack more than kisses and cuddles just before half time and got away with it. Probably because he spent 30 minutes trying to wind him and Ben up with his big boy routine and the two young fellas couldn’t have cared less 🤣

What a day!

Going to start with my own fellas, so so proud to see our club produce the goods when it counts, we have been waiting far too long to have a team capable of taking on anyone, we now have them. Todays conditions didn’t at all suit our fellas but by god did they step up to the plate.

I’m nearly as happy the Rockies won as we did, well nearly 😀. No harm to the players but I am sick to death of watching players on teams who have two opportunities to win a county medal and who are exempt from relegation, come together from an area bigger than a lot of counties and knock out clubs who are nuturing their players from 5 years of age to one day hopefully win a senior county. If Imokilly won today I would have been physically sick watching it. And now they are flogging the greatest prospect to come through in Cork since Hoggy, did anyone ever hear of burnout? It has to stop. Let the divisions play for their own championship early in the year but no more double jobbing. Or make a rule that anyone who plays for their division is inegible to play championship with their club. Let’s see how many they get out then

And get rid of the penalty shoot out. A shocking way to decide a game. Play first score wins and you will see a true winner not some soccer style one

On to the semis and we could have two cracking games, Erins Own and Rockies will be a physical battle but I think the Rockies will have a bit more hurling. We are really up against it against Newtown, they will spend the next 2 weeks like they have spent the last 30, football free. Things are coming thick and fast for us now on both fronts and I hope it doesn’t catch up with us

Barrs Boys Abu 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦
Refs would not allow 'Next Score Wins' (and I don't blame them for their stance to be fair). This was brought up at nauseum during the debates about penalty shootouts. Imagine a situation where a contentious free is awarded by a ref and the free is converted. You are looking at another 'ref in the boot of his car' situation (or worse). Its bad enough getting refs now at this present time.....if 'next score wins' came in, refs would walk away from the game. The abuse is just not worth it.

Refs would not allow 'Next Score Wins' (and I don't blame them for their stance to be fair). This was brought up at nauseum during the debates about penalty shootouts. Imagine a situation where a contentious free is awarded by a ref and the free is converted. You are looking at another 'ref in the boot of his car' situation (or worse). Its bad enough getting refs now at this present time.....if 'next score wins' came in, refs would walk away from the game. The abuse is just not worth it.
That’s a fair comment

It's been an issue for you for years, every county championship thread here. Only this time you moronically added the caveat of burnout which seemingly doesn't extend to Togher.
They will have to put a cross up in a wall in the Glen Club because this week TheOTT has finally addressed Red&Blue's complete bias towards his own club on this website. Keep up the good work TheOTT. 👏👍

On the whole divisions/colleges thing, here's a lis
I think it’s time to consider dispensing with divisional teams.
Once they served the purpose of giving players from small clubs a chance to play at a higher level and most junior players were keen to participate.
With the new structure most players play at a decent level and most don’t want to play for divisional teams. The weekend showed that clashes between clubs and divisions is inevitable and of no benefit to the players involved.
On the whole divisions/colleges thing, here's a list of non Cork players who sought permission at the August meeting of CCB to play county championship with UCC. The rational being if they came through the divisional/colleges section they'd be available to college to play in a quarter final last weekend. While I don't agree with divisions participating in our county championship, this is a whole different level of farce altogether.

1663251084020.png

I don't think there will be many, if any at all, additions to the squad apart from players coming through from recent under age teams.
I doubt many will leave the squad either.

Of the names you mentioned I think Ethan Twomey is already involved and Cilian O Donovan is well known to Pat Ryan from the under 20's .
Apart from those I think new players will find it hard to break into what is a very competitive and young squad.
You could be correct in the sense that Pat Ryan will go with youth but Pat is an advocate of direct hurling and he's appointed a coach with a similar philosophy of how the game should be played therefore players should be selected accordingly. There are so many runners in the current team that it's unlikely they will all be selected.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼