2022 Premier Senior Hurling

I'm sure they want to compete at the top. Is that not what it's all about.
Running off a few divisional games against each other in the middle of summer and handing out a trophy would be pretty meaningless unless they could enter the championship proper.
Sure everyone wants to compete at the top, but getting there through some non entity is ridiculous, especially these days when all grades are well organised and they get enough games with their clubs. I think it’s time for the County Championship to become the Club County Championship

Sure everyone wants to compete at the top, but getting there through some non entity is ridiculous, especially these days when all grades are well organised and they get enough games with their clubs. I think it’s time for the County Championship to become the Club County Championship
How are they non entities?

Not if the divisional championship was play during the league. The league is now just 5 glorified challenge matches with a final at the end. Until they sort it out and make it like the football league its a waste of time and money going to away matches .

For me, only Cork players should be allowed. No problem with the likes of UCC and CIT playing as long as they‘re from Cork.
exactly Hurling Fan - if they are from Cork and they are playing with a club that is not Senior by default they should be eligible . Of course they could also be originally from another county so perhaps the rule should be that they are playing championship with a Cork club that season in a grade below senior. It’s not rocket science and the scenario where lads can play senior championship with their own club in another county and also play senior championship with UCC in the same year is so farcical it beggars belief. We could write the rule clause in half an hour in the PROC between us, submit it to the CCB and end this farcical debate once and for all

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼