2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Butter away RHB, we are a long time without it 😀

I too would have loved to see the Glen in the semis, having the 3 big city teams there would have added to the growing positivity around the cork hurling scene.

You say no one is talking about Erins Own and you are right, but Newtown are being completely dismissed in the conversation and that’s not fair on them at all. We will have it all to do to get past them and we know it.

Either way, the arrival of the likes of Ethan Twomey Brian Hayes and Eoin Downey in particular as genuine cork hurling starters is fantastic, 3 strapping young fellas with loads of hurling in them. And of course Ben O Connor if he sticks with the GAA next year, what a prospect this fella is.

I think Cork are in a good place going foward as we have the right man in Pat Ryan to blend these fellas into the team
I see Glenn o connor still in the panel, great servant,

i think and i may have said it before the most important player for the Barrs is Jamie Burns,ireplaceable on the football team and big changes would have to be made in the backline on the hurling team.

the beauty about this championship is that you have multiple teams that are all capable of beating each other on any given day and we are at the semi-final stage now without probably the three initial favourites in Sars, Midleton and Imokilly. In the case of Sars they blew it themselves through ridiculous management decision-making and sloppiness, Midleton were probably always going to find it hard to come again this year and Imokilly were unlucky to lose on Sunday with a lot of their main men having already played championship the same weekend. We could very easily have had three different semi-finalists without the quality of the last 4 dropping in any way. It just has to be good for Cork hurling overall and we have been looking for this level of competitiveness for many years. You could put out a decent team of lads who weren't even Cork senior panelists in 2022 from what I have seen alone in in the Premier Senior championship so far and I'm sure I am leaving out a few lads like John Cronin, Jack Buckley and others who have been very impressive also G Connolly S Murphy J Burns B Hennessey B O Connor J Cashman N Cashman E Twomey Jack O' Callaghan J Doyle T Deasy A Myers S. Kennefick W Leahy S O Regan

Watching the Barrs game at the weekend it is incredible to believe that Ben O connor is barely out of minor.

He actually looks ready to step up to senior inter county already.
His physicality, his composure at such a young age is remarkable.

RightHalfBack

You are correct in stating "you could put out a decent team of lads who weren't even Cork senior panelists in 2022" but that is because Cork selectors have been so poor in the recent past and also the standard of hurling has dropped over the years particularly in the Cork club championship. However there is no way Jack Buckley and Jamie Burns are inter-county, neither of them have the pace or quick turn of foot for that level. Jack Buckley has been very good for Charleville through the years but he came back this year after a leg operation that was delayed a long time and the sharpness on his feet hasn't been as good, he got a 4 minute roasting from Tadhg Deasy when Deasy scored 1-03 which was a big factor in Blackrock's win that day.

Players such as Billy Hennessy, Niall Cashman, Tadhg Deasy, Will Leahy got more than their chance with Cork and came up short for the highest level. Stephen Murphy, John Cashman and Jack Doyle are examples and victims of the poor selection and management we've had by successive managers & selectors. Shane O'Regan's form has dipped and I don't think the transfer has helped him short-term so I don't think he will be in Pat Ryan's list.

However there should be a revised panel and Gavin Connolly, Donal Maher, Stephen Murphy, John Cashman, Ryan Walsh, James O'Flynn, Cillian O'Donovan, Ethan Twomey, Jack Twomey, Aaron Myers are among others likely to be involved.

Watching the Barrs game at the weekend it is incredible to believe that Ben O connor is barely out of minor.

He actually looks ready to step up to senior inter county already.
His physicality, his composure at such a young age is remarkable.
Hes still 17 someone said online which is remarkable

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

12th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Toucan

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼