2022 Premier Senior Hurling

RightHalfBack

You are correct in stating "you could put out a decent team of lads who weren't even Cork senior panelists in 2022" but that is because Cork selectors have been so poor in the recent past and also the standard of hurling has dropped over the years particularly in the Cork club championship. However there is no way Jack Buckley and Jamie Burns are inter-county, neither of them have the pace or quick turn of foot for that level. Jack Buckley has been very good for Charleville through the years but he came back this year after a leg operation that was delayed a long time and the sharpness on his feet hasn't been as good, he got a 4 minute roasting from Tadhg Deasy when Deasy scored 1-03 which was a big factor in Blackrock's win that day.

Players such as Billy Hennessy, Niall Cashman, Tadhg Deasy, Will Leahy got more than their chance with Cork and came up short for the highest level. Stephen Murphy, John Cashman and Jack Doyle are examples and victims of the poor selection and management we've had by successive managers & selectors. Shane O'Regan's form has dipped and I don't think the transfer has helped him short-term so I don't think he will be in Pat Ryan's list.

However there should be a revised panel and Gavin Connolly, Donal Maher, Stephen Murphy, John Cashman, Ryan Walsh, James O'Flynn, Cillian O'Donovan, Ethan Twomey, Jack Twomey, Aaron Myers are among others likely to be involved.
I don't think there will be many, if any at all, additions to the squad apart from players coming through from recent under age teams.
I doubt many will leave the squad either.

Of the names you mentioned I think Ethan Twomey is already involved and Cilian O Donovan is well known to Pat Ryan from the under 20's .
Apart from those I think new players will find it hard to break into what is a very competitive and young squad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Aidan Killian - Comedian

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼