2022 Premier Senior Hurling

I think it’s time to consider dispensing with divisional teams.
Once they served the purpose of giving players from small clubs a chance to play at a higher level and most junior players were keen to participate.
With the new structure most players play at a decent level and most don’t want to play for divisional teams. The weekend showed that clashes between clubs and divisions is inevitable and of no benefit to the players involved.

Once they served the purpose of giving players from small clubs a chance to play at a higher level and most junior players were keen to participate.
With the new structure most players play at a decent level and most don’t want to play for divisional teams. The weekend showed that clashes between clubs and divisions is inevitable and of no benefit to the players involved.
At last someone talking sense. You don’t even have to necessarily get rid of them, let them play their own county championship in May and June and present a cup to the winners. Expose plenty of junior hurlers to senior hurling then

Most dont want to play for their divisional side? Not sure how true that is. A lot of lads from junior and intermediate sides like to pit their wits against senior club players. Ultimately it might benefit the county side.

If players don't want to play with their divisional side then thats their choice. Equally those that want to play should have that choice.

I'm all for keeping the Divisional teams.

Play off a divisional championship when the hurling league is on.Nobody cares about the league as they are no repercussions for performing badly .The league imho is a group of challenge matches. A divisional championship which would include all players lets say under27 years who are not in P Ryans squad,so players from all clubs would be available to play with their divisions

Yes, the managers are putting a gun to their heads and forcing them to play, thus them being flogged which leads to burnout.

A divisional competition after championship with all players eligible to represent their division could act as a series of trial games for the county teams.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: 420 Comedy Show

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼