2022 Intermediate A football

The four 1/4 finals have been fixed.

Saturday 17th Mitchelstown v Dromtarrife in Kanturk 3:30pm
Saturday 17th Glanworth v Kilshannig in Kildorrery 3:30pm
Sunday 18th Aghabullogue v Kildorrery in Glantane 3pm
Sunday 18th Adrigole v Boherbue in Macroom 3pm

Website says "The pairings for the Semi Finals will be finalised after the Quarter Finals have been completed in an attempt to avoid repeat pairings where possible."
So for arguments sake, if Boherbue and Mitchelstown ( a realistic chance) both qualify for the semi-final then they can t play each other??

The draw & I am open to correction have the winners of their games down to play each other. What would happen then, redraw?
So a chance possibly of town and Kilshannig playing each other in a semi-final?

So for arguments sake, if Boherbue and Mitchelstown ( a realistic chance) both qualify for the semi-final then they can t play each other??

The draw & I am open to correction have the winners of their games down to play each other. What would happen then, redraw?
So a chance possibly of town and Kilshannig playing each other in a semi-final?
That is the interpretation I am getting aswel. Quarters are:

1. Aghabullogue v Kildorrery
2. Mitchelstown v Dromtarrife
3. Adrigole v Boherbue
4. Glanworth v Kilshannig

Semis 1v4 & 2v3.

But should Town & Boher win 3 & 4 will switch. Similarly if Glanworth and Kildorrery win they would be a repeat pairing so again 3&4 switches.

You must’ve been speaking to someone from Kildorrery if this is the report you heard. Glanworth will feel hard done by that they received a black card in the first half for a trip and a Kildorrey player did the exact same in the second half and got away with a warning. Felt the ref left a lot go and allowed the game to be physical so both sides will feel that they should’ve had more frees then they actually received. Wasn’t a great game for the neutral eye but that was to be expected really.
Must have. I really don't recall kdy creating anything at all of note in the game, as I stated earlier if glanworth had taken easy enough chances could easily have won by double digits. Ref didn't know what he was doing half the time, actually changed his mind twice because players complained about the initial decision, so much for never complain to a ref! He was equally bad for both sides imo

Must have. I really don't recall kdy creating anything at all of note in the game, as I stated earlier if glanworth had taken easy enough chances could easily have won by double digits. Ref didn't know what he was doing half the time, actually changed his mind twice because players complained about the initial decision, so much for never complain to a ref! He was equally bad for both sides imo
He really didn’t know what he was doing his consistency was all over the place. Was easily influenced by players and crowd

Kildorrery had no plan b I.E. let direct ball into forwards .
Glanworth for there part spent alot of time onthe ground .I lost count the amount of time Glanworth had a man on ground stopping play it got to the point of being ridiculous

Look when you look at the eight qualifiers tightest defence
1.Kildorrery 28 pts conceded
2.Glanworth 30 pts
2 adrigole 30
4.mitchelstown 31
5.kilshannig 33
5. Dromtarriffe
7. Aghabullogue 34.
8. Boherbue 37
Kildorrery
Lowest scoring
1.Kildorrery 36
2.Glanworth 39
3.Dromtarriffe 41.
4.adrigole 47
4 Kilshannig 47
6. Boherbue 48
7 .Aghabullogue 56
8. Mitchelstown 62
Glanworth Kildorrery have lot in common 🤔

Kildorrery had no plan b I.E. let direct ball into forwards .
Glanworth for there part spent alot of time onthe ground .I lost count the amount of time Glanworth had a man on ground stopping play it got to the point of being ridiculous

Look when you look at the eight qualifiers tightest defence
1.Kildorrery 28 pts conceded
2.Glanworth 30 pts
2 adrigole 30
4.mitchelstown 31
5.kilshannig 33
5. Dromtarriffe
7. Aghabullogue 34.
8. Boherbue 37
Kildorrery
Lowest scoring
1.Kildorrery 36
2.Glanworth 39
3.Dromtarriffe 41.
4.adrigole 47
4 Kilshannig 47
6. Boherbue 48
7 .Aghabullogue 56
8. Mitchelstown 62
Glanworth Kildorrery have lot in common 🤔
Is the scores conceded to date reflecting the quality of the teams they have played to date or their defensive structures?

I would suspect both realise they don't have the scoring power of years gone by and have to adapt to remain competitive. I've seen worse in the grade previously where teams didn't even attempt to chase a game when behind. Kdy probably would have beaten glenville playing more like they did on Saturday and Glanworth were torn apart at times by Nicks by being way too open. I would say a lot of teams get men behind the ball but some are way better and faster at transitioning to attack than others due to having better players or just better conditioning

Apart from the first 15 mins where killdorrery were we'll on top and led 0-3 to 0-1 I taught Glanworth were the better team, Dave Pyne was the standout player on the pitch and kicked some outstanding frees from the ground and got on a show of ball. Mickey Sheehan is a class act and proved it again with two points after coming on. Ref tried to let the game flow but actually looked confused at times and didnt give frees when he should have and this only added to the tension of the game that was always going to be a cagey affair. Kildorrery will be delighted to be in a quarter final after only surviving relegation last year but Saturday's performance was poor. Kilshannig tore Glanworth apart last year in Killavullen in the group stages but I've a feeling this year will be a lot closer and Shields will have them well primed for this one.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼